amount of lock-up

I've taken these as close to perpendicular as I can. Is this too much lock-up for a classic?

Is your pivot screw tightened all the way? It looks like I'm seeing part of the pivot pin in the pictures between the left scale and the left most washer?

It doesn't look like the pivot screw is tightened.That would cause a problem.You can not loosen the pivot pin on a Sebenza like on other knives.

Is your pivot screw tightened all the way? It looks like I'm seeing part of the pivot pin in the pictures between the left scale and the left most washer?
I agree with his observations. All screws on the Seb should be tightened down fully (but not cranked down, just "finger-tight") and the pivot bearing will take care of the rest.

it was about 1/2 turn out. great eyes!!! I put it to "finger tight", with no perceptible change in deployment or appearance of the lock. thanks.

Try taking it completely apart cleaning it and put it back together.Believe it or not I have done that on some that the lock bar was at 50 to 75 % and it moved the lock bar back to 25 to 30 %.

I dissasembeled, cleaned, and reassembled. It works fine, but no difference in the lock-up.

the bottom line for me is that it does work, it locks, it stays locked, it unlocks as expected. I'll send it in when I get a chance, but it is smooth and tight.

I did note the inside of the scales were stamped b 05, so I assume this was made in 05

I dissasembeled, cleaned, and reassembled. It works fine, but no difference in the lock-up.

the bottom line for me is that it does work, it locks, it stays locked, it unlocks as expected. I'll send it in when I get a chance, but it is smooth and tight.

I did note the inside of the scales were stamped b 05, so I assume this was made in 05

Not necessarily. My current EDC`s birthday was in may 2008, yet the scales are marked B07. I`ve noticed that on another of my Sebenzas as well.

The date on the scales indicates when THEY were made, not when the knife was assembled.

Most folks know that each knife is individually adjusted at the CRK factory to set the lock engagement. I've seen improper lockup when the blades have been swapped between knives. Did you acquire your Sebenza directly from an authorized dealer?

"Did you acquire your Sebenza directly from an authorized dealer?"

no, I did not. I acquired it from a member here, but have no idea where he got it. I've got an Um.. on order, and will send this one back when that one comes in. I don't think there is anything -wrong- with it, but I'll feel better having it professionally refurbished.

Back