1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Amy Valerious of Warlander Knives Has Graduated the Fiddleback Forge Apprentice Program

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    It is my great pleasure to congratulate Amy Valerious of Warlander Knives as she has graduated the Fiddleback Forge Apprentice Program.

Amy was here right at one year. In that year her knives have blossomed into a line of beautiful cutlery. She has a kind of mixture of talent and work ethic that is rare in todays world. From day one she was a great employee, and she never had to be shown anything more than once. Her talent mixed with that unbelievable work ethic and drive made for a fun knifemaker to watch learn the business.

This knife Amy gifted me is breathtaking. Its got beautiful lines. The grind is flawless and the handle shaping is as good as anything I've ever done. The Scales are PB&J burlap with maroon linen micarta bolsters.

Congratulations on your progress Amy. It has been an honor to work with you. You have a place here if you ever want to come back. I'm very happy to call you a friend.

[​IMG]

2. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Congrats Amy!

Fiddleback and Amy Valerious like this.
  3. Random Dan

Random Dan Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Congratulations Amy! That's a beautiful knife indeed :thumbsup:

4. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Congratulations Amy ! That’s a gorgeous looking knife :thumbsup:

5. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Congratulations Amy!

6. geowolves

geowolves

May 15, 2020
    Congratulations Amy, Your work is amazing and your talent is unquestionable. Wishing you continued success!

7. fatboyclone

fatboyclone Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Congrats Amy!

8. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Great job Amy. Congratulations!!! Keep up the amazing knife making and leather work!! Some absolutely amazing work you do!! :thumbsup: Can’t wait to see what’s next!!

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Very very nice - and it's not just another Fiddleback :thumbsup: I mean that in only the nicest way, to you and Andy and Co. You have some of your own styling. Congratulations on your success. I wish you all the best.

10. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Magnificent work!
    I'm very happy for you Amy, although a little sorry you'll be leaving FF. I look forward to seeing your future triumphs.

Best wishes. Be gentle with yourself.

11. SneezySky

SneezySky Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Congrats Amy. ^That's a beautiful piece. Sad to say that I've missed on a few of your other pieces but still trying. Keep up the good work!

12. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Congratulations, Amy!!!

13. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Congratulations Amy!!! Looking forward to what you come up with next.

14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Way to go!!

Amy Valerious and Fiddleback like this.
  15. Twisted Forest

Twisted Forest Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Congrats Amy!

Amy Valerious and Fiddleback like this.
  16. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    congrats Amy, you're super talented not only as a blade-smith but as a leather-smith as well.

17. Fishcharmer

Fishcharmer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Congratulations Amy.

Amy Valerious likes this.
  18. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Congratulations Amy. You do beautiful work!!

Amy Valerious likes this.
  19. Toppcats

Toppcats Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Amy - Congratulations on this significant accomplishment ! Although I have not had the privilege of taking ownership of one of your knives to date, I have always appreciated your quality work(wo)manship of both your knives and the accompanying sheaths (early on I tried unsuccessfully to get one of your FF offerings as much for loving the sheath design as much as for the knife!). Best wishes for your continued success.

20. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    The sheath Amy gave me with her graduation knife is the nicest I've ever owned.