An idea

I read the post a couple of days ago about people "taking" Bladeriggers ideas and using them for their own. I thought I would turn the tables and do the opposite.

I had an idea for a knife with a parasite blade. Take a blade such as a Jashido and make it out of 1/4" stock. Mill a slot of about 1/2" running down the length of the tang extending to just inside the ricasso side of the integral guard. On the other side of the tang and in line with the slot, make 2-3 holes about 3/32" in depth with an endmill so the bottoms will be flat. stick a rare-earth magnet in these slots. Then take a piece of 1/8" stock with a width just under the slot width and of a suitable length (about 5.5") and make whatever sort of parasite blade that turns your crank. After you've done all this, cordwrap the handle.

Now you are left with a knife with a magnetically retained parasite backup blade.

I know of no other maker doing this and the idea came to me while driving home one day this week. So use it if you want (I would be honored in fact) or disregard it as drivel
smile.gif

Regards,

Hugh

------------------
King of all that rhymes with Orange!

Hugh, Rob Simonich makes different styles of blades with a parasite blade.

------------------
Carpe' Diem
Usual Suspect AKA Tattoo

By saying "I know of no other maker doing this" I really should have elaborated a bit. While I know there are several makers who produce knives with a parasite attachment, I know of no makers who do it in the way I described above. I am not saying there aren't any, just that I've never heard of this particular method being utilized. My mistake.

Hugh

------------------
King of all that rhymes with Orange!

Back