An INFI Wharncliffe at last.

I use a Wharncliffe blade when cutting various materials... making sheaths... cutting carpet... plastic... vinyl... etc... as I find they are the most efficient and controllable....but... I wanted an INFI Wharncliffe.

So....I got myself a Sus Scrofa and although it was great at cutting when pulling towards you... it was unable to push cut on a flat surface because of the hawkbill blade.

So... inspired by this thread http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517657

I set about it... (photos are not very good.)

From this:

IMG_3134.jpg

To this:

IMG_3162.jpg

Took a while to set the edge to my liking, but, I'm very pleased with it.... the blade finish could do with a bit more work, but, this one is going to get used a lot. I was careful to keep the logo ...although it is less pronounced.

Excellent ergos, INFI steel and a Wharncliffe blade. :thumbup:

Nice work bro, that's cool you got it exactly the way you like it!

I was thinking I'd send mine to GrindDucci...

But it may come back as a Mini-Mini :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow, looks great, exactly as I had envisaged mine looking... I haven't found the time to reprofile mine yet, it may not happen now for a couple of months as it is thousands of kilometres away from me at the moment...

Looks like you did a great job and have the knife you want:thumbup:

Excellent workmanship on that reprofiling! :thumbup: That's a perfect custom, just the way you want it! :)

I did a bit more work on the Sus Scrofa....

I thinned out the edge quite a bit more and re-shaped the handle.

IMG_3193.jpg

Back