An open letter to all Cold Steel Fans…

I ordered my first post-sale CS a couple days ago. One of the serialized Oyabuns with the box signed by Lynn. Should be here soon. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to my older Cold Steels.

What exactly has new CS done to diminish the brand??

I grieved as much as they next person until I realised they are the exact same knives being produced.

Does anyone actually have any data or evidence to support the "CS is fuct" theory....ACTUAL OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE???

If the answer is no and you are still pissing and moaning then I suggest you you go see a counselor and I most certainly do not mean that in a judgemental or derogatory way.

I started doubling up on CS knives because I literally thought there was going to be no tomorrow for them. Now I am just a dumbass with multiple copies of my favourite knives I will never even use. I could have spent money on something I actually needed.

TLDR; dont be a dumbass.
Not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t think anyone is advocating to “go crazy” and make wasteful purchases. For me personally, I want to acquire the models that I’ve always desired. You’re correct, nobody really knows what’s going on. It would be nice if an official Rep from CS would join the board, but that hasn’t happened. That would be great if things would continue as usual, which is what everyone is hoping for. I’d rather get what I want now (if I’m able to afford it), rather than get fleeced in the future if availability becomes an issue.

If anyone is interested in assisting me with pricing out my collection, please feel free to reach out; I could use the help.

Thanks.
Only if I can buy them for what I value them at.
But seriously you can do it yourself, just go on different sites like here and other for sale sites. I got in trouble recently for listing them(even disguised,lol). The market is ever changing so you need the latest information, not what somebody bought/sold it for in the past. Its a lot of work to do, but nothing ventured nothing...........

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t think anyone is advocating to “go crazy” and make wasteful purchases. For me personally, I want to acquire the models that I’ve always desired. You’re correct, nobody really knows what’s going on. It would be nice if an official Rep from CS would join the board, but that hasn’t happened. That would be great if things would continue as usual, which is what everyone is hoping for. I’d rather get what I want now (if I’m able to afford it), rather than get fleeced in the future if availability becomes an issue.
i havent got the impression anyone at gsm really understands what's going on......
.....so even if they came here they'd be clueless. hope im way wrong though.

Patriotx I would hold on as they might go up in value....
if GSM don't continue to make the XL stuff hopefully some one will as there is a proven market, admittedly its probably not huge but Lynn wouldn't have made these knives over many many years if he was making a loss on everyone he sold.

Maybe Demko could dip his toe in with more Taiwanese made models, he knows who to deal with over there....

I have a few of the new CS knives, 2 range bosses. And 2 mini recon 1s. The knives seem great, but my issue with the "new" cold steel is that they apparently are unable to provide you with replacement parts. I waited over a month for replacement clip screws for my range boss, only to be told by email that those parts " weren't available". Enjoy your CS knives, but hope you never need any replacement parts, because from my experience, they don't provide them anymore.

Back