Ancient Fossil walrus fighter

DanGraves

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is one I felt very lucky to get this fossil walrus ivory. It is a native Alaska fire starter on one side and the other is what may have been at the top and exposed to the elements.
The blade length is 9 1/8 inches from tip to guard and over all is 14 1/8 inches. Nickel silver guard and pin with sterling ferrule and the ancient fossil walrus. I think it has an eclectic look. One side of the handle shows the many layers of the tusk, the other shows the fire starter and has the dentine still on the ivory. The end has the shape of when the Inuit Indian hacked it off of the tusk which shows the core of tusk. If you are not familiar with walrus ivory there is a core that looks like crushed ice. This does not have the light color of new ivory that makes it look like the ice but it is the core. Think of the stories this piece could tell. Hope you enjoy looking.

The walrus suits the logo design and the damascus and the silver floral?, it all goes really well together.

Did you dig it out of voldermorts grave?

I love the contrast between the fine silver flowers and rough looking ivory
Beautifull!

I'm a sucker for damascus, beautiful man.

Handle scales are sweet, really exquisite piece.

Thanks guy's. Makes it all worth it. I just wish I could get some more like this.

Dan, you make great stuff. That ivory is amazing. If I ever make it to Shreveport,I am going to have to stop in and see how you make this cool stuff.

All I can say is wow! I love that the handle was used as a handhold for who knows how many fires. Great piece! Beautiful!

Back