And the next big spender is.....ME!!!

Every year about this time of year I wind up writing a big fat check to everyones favorite Uncle.

But this year, by the grace of the Great Pumpkin, I've been granted a fat daddy refund check! After all christmas debt is payed off I will still have a good chunk of change to drop on a knife. This is where you guys come in, I'm looking at these:

SERE 2000

Dominator

Manix

710 in D2 (never had an axis)

Cuda Maxx

Mini skirmish?

Any info would be great, other suggestions more than welcome (not interested in a Sebbie so much tho).
TX in advance,:)

Adam

Well, I have a Manix and love it. Big, strong silent type with a thick chunk of sharp S30V. WHat more is there? I am also getting a BM Mini-skirmish I just won on eaby for $100 NIB. Cain't wait to see it.:D

TX Harry, I've handeled a Manix and loved it! They are all great knives and thats whats killing me!
Walking Man where are you? I know you're gonna chime in on the Dominator!!!

inspecto

Gold Member
Hey Korbiaka, I got a SERE 2000 about 2-3 weeks ago,really well made nice knife but a bit heavy and does noy fit my hand quite right.Might could do ya a good deal NIB never carried or sharpened but held and played with a bit.
Ifyour interested give a shout

only one on that list that I actaully own is the 710, although I have the M2 version. If you can still find one, I would get the M2 version.

Overall, the knife is great, and I would reccomend it to anyone, regardless of steel.

longbow

Gold Member
I think the S2k is the best liner locking folder being made today. Borders on custom quality. I have had most of the knives mentioned at one time or another and have held onto my last S2k. PUt some shrink tubbing over the thumb studs and you will be good to go. keepem sharp

oldrifleman

Platinum Member
Only one on the list that I have is the 710D2, love it. I carry it on weekends. Steven

The only thing that jumped out at me about your post is that you said you've never own an Axis knife. As good as it is, I'd say you owe it to yourself to try the Axis Lock. It's certainly spoiled me, as I can hardly stand the locks on most other knives these days.

Keith, Im not new to the axis lock, Ive just never owned one. Their quality is fantstic, just wonder if the knife is as great a cutter as the rest are.

Just so everyone knows, I've handeled all these knives (Dominator excluded but I have a Heat) and just wanna know which knives the forum prefers.

I's go with the Maxx. True, its not practical, but it is soooo cool. I have mine in my pocket as we speak.

Between those I would go for the Manix or Mini-Skirmish. I own both and love them. If you want a more gentleman/classy look go with the mini-skirmish but if your looking for an outdoors/heavy use folder go with the manix.

Walking Man

BANNED
DOMINATOR! Assisted openers with flippers are fun. Add a Titanium framelock with awesome ergonomics and a SHARP and usefully shaped blade, and you just can't beat it.

Who, What??? Cant just say custom and not give input its mean. Don't tease me folks!!!

Custom knives are made individually by knifemakers and you are able to pick what you want as far as blade length shape and blade material. Check out True North Knives, Blade Art and Robertsons Custom Cutlery. Go to their customs section and browse through the names. Good no frills customs start at about $400.:eek: