And what happened to the "Greg's Leaving" thread

God, it seems like if something starts a little controversy in here it is deleted. It does not save anyone's face. Those who already saw it see it as an easy way out by avoiding the topic and subsequently inform others that the thread did exist and what it contained. This really stinks.

A mistake was made, and so the post was deleted, that's all. It wasn't supposed to on the forum in the first place. I know that there's been controversy about deleted posts in this forum, but this one really did have to go, and the reason was purely academic -- I wouldn't read any controversy into this case if I were you. Let's move on.

Best,

Brian.

Okay... moving on sounds like a good idea...
But one stoopud question first.... Is the forum staying open, or will it still be being archived for awhile? :confused:

I thought that "It is Bladeforums policy not to delete threads"? What gives?

For the record -

As a new moderator I was never informed there was a stone cold policy about threads not being deleted. It was only noted when I started that this did not happen often, however the option exists for the moderator to do so if he/she feels it is in the best interests of the Forum...for whatever reason.

From today onward, given the feedback and my new understanding of how this works, no threads will be deleted by me. If there's a concern I'll refer it to Spark and allow him to make the final decision one way or another. After all, he's DA MAN where BladeForums is concerned.

Thanks to all for bringing all concerns to my attention:)

Clarification is in order. I have a summer training event I am scheduled to attend and while away the Forum will be looked after by Spark, Brian, Robert H., and Andy. Pretty basic stuff and wires were crossed at our end while discussing how to best keep the Forum active as I won't have my laptop handy. Not a biggie, and thanks to Brian / Andy for the posts on this. Whew! Ain't nothin' easy anymore:D

And zo, let't talk knives and training, shall we?

Back