1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Andy Mills with Ivory

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by sheathmaker, May 1, 2008.

1. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    This one was made by then Texas maker, Andy Mills. I made the sheath for it some time back and at that time I asked the owner to give me right of first refusal should he decide to sell. I just took delivery a few minutes ago. The information I got was that this knife made it's debut at the New York Knife Show about 15-20 years ago. The steel is probably ATS 34 and the Ivory is some of the best I've seen. This may be one of the very few Andy made with Ivory.

Paul

2. Charles Vestal

Charles Vestal

Sep 22, 2004
    Great looking combo Paul

The inlay works real well with the knife.

Thanks for the peek.

Charles

3. John M Cohea

John M Cohea

Oct 24, 2007
    Nice score Mr. Long, and the sheath is awesome, as usual!!

4. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    Good score amigo!! And nice leatherwork, as always.

Bill

5. Bladeandbarrel

Bladeandbarrel

Oct 5, 1998
    That is a GREAT looking knife
    sweet sheath too

6. fastsig40

fastsig40

Dec 8, 2003
    Paul as usual your attention to matching materials and detail are first class Sir!

Good talking to you today :D

7. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    very nice my friend

8. JatMat

JatMat Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Great Combo, congrats to both.
    James

9. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Super, Paul! Glad that combo ended up with you. Very nice looking knife. Sheath ain't bad, either! ;)

- Joe

10. bgspecialk

bgspecialk

Feb 28, 2006
    Oh great- another collector with an inside track !!
    How's a regular guy ever going to get the nice stuff?

That's a great looking combination Mr. Paul

P.K.

11. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Sweet looking combination Paul. And I just read the article on sheath/knife combinations in the Blade, where they quoted you quite a bit on the subject. Great article. I can't wait to see what you come up with for my Doug Ponzio stag hunter!