Andy- Wood question

Andy,
I have spent this morning looking thru your forum. Your handles are amazing.

I was wondering what wood you would pair up with the bocote on my woodsman?

What do you think of bocote over osage, with possibly a red liner?

I am trying to figure out what it could potentially look like.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think the two woods are very close together. I'd like to see some folks choose a nice dark wood under bocote. The East Indian Rosewood would show up better. Or Wenge.

I think the Rosewood and the Bocote will fit together well. Bocote has some nice dark streaks running through it, that would blend well with the Rosewood.

At first I was not certain, but, the dark lines in the bocote would go with the darker bottom wood.
My concern was that there would be too much contrast between the light bocote and a real dark underwood, (I tend to like darker top and lighter bottom, judging from the pics I have seen so far) but I believe I was mistaken.
Bocote and rosewood is a good call.

I guess that's why Andy makes knives, and I don't. I'll have to settle for buying them. :)

Last edited:
Then we are set; bocote over Bubinga.

I am really looking forward to this knife. It'll make a nice pistol belt companion to my bocote handled 1911.

The Bubinga is an upcharge. I want to make sure you are aware of that. I paid $160 for a 2 foot long plank 8" wide for it. It'll cost $15 to add it to your knife.

Back