Ang Khola Bowie

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Overall length --18''
Weight --34 oz
Spine thickness--3/8''
Bamboo root handle
The red color bamboo root handle is stunning beauty!
Standard leather sheath
Superb work by Kumar
Add to your growing collection at $345. *SOLD*

EP50ud0.jpg

otoFqlG.jpg

hviJdet.jpg

repl8SI.jpg

RFsVfNc.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Thank you Ms Yangdu! I received big brothers today and beautiful work by Kumar
Congratulations, George! :thumbsup: That handle is a real beauty.

Now, what lengths of AKB do you have? I believe Ms. Yangdu said mine was a 20 incher.

We need to get our AKBs together someday for a photo shoot George. I believe between both of us we have em all! You definitely got the monster side conrnered:thumbsup:
That sounds great ndog! I may have to hire steelygunz to lift it for me!:cool:
URGENT UPDATE!!!
NDOG GAVE ME THE AKB VIRUS!
DON’T LET HIM KID THAT I WIN! I’M STILL PAYING FOR HIS VIRUS!!!

Last edited:
1F771488-2CE5-4639-AFA1-147A4D98B7F0.jpeg Thought I’d share this little tid bit of info. These are 3 progressive draws of the AKB that I was fortunate to stumble upon the man that designed it. These were drawn over 20 years ago by Cobalt and as I understand the present AKB was going to be called the Cobalt Special named after Cobalt. He didn’t want it called that name as U.B. was originally going to call it. Cobalt finally bought his first AKB about 1-2 years ago. Original blade length to be approximately 10”!
Just wanted to add the trivia

.....then there was the ingenious idea to create the I.B.B.B. The Itty Bitty Bawanna Bowie, known to us as the Micro AK Bowie! Hopefully Bawanna will see this and tell how he came up with that idea and how long ago?
Thank you

Actually truth be told I was carrying a 10'' AK Bowie that I liked a lot. Wearing it every day just like a do my IBBB now. Nobody complained but it was a pretty big knife in some environments, like working wearing a police uniform in an office setting.
I just figured a shrunk down version would be a really nice thing and apparently others felt the same as Yangdu even though I suggested only 1 or 2 for a trial run had 30 made. I think they were all gone in like 2 days and they went for over a 100 bucks back then.
Ndog actually got one before I did so alas I didn't get the first. I still watch for the short original size version as I prefer it over the longer handled model that folks with big hands prefer, I just think the short handle looks better to me. I've put antler on a few but still have 1 or 2 that are unmessed with.

Bhakta knocked it out of the park from the start, another kami made one that I carry now that is equally nice. Slightly thinner and a tad lighter.

I don't know how many times the officers would be in the patrol bay checking out knives and I'd pull mine out, it was the winner every time. Several of them are now IBBB owners as well.

Don't recall when this happened, 5 years ago, maybe longer, a few others here helped with drawings and such, it basically boiled down to just shrink the larger model to scale.

Actually truth be told I was carrying a 10'' AK Bowie that I liked a lot. Wearing it every day just like a do my IBBB now. Nobody complained but it was a pretty big knife in some environments, like working wearing a police uniform in an office setting.
I just figured a shrunk down version would be a really
I just figured a shrunk down version would be a really nice thing and apparently others felt the same as Yangdu even though I suggested only 1 or 2 for a trial run had 30 made. I think they were all gone in like 2 days and they went for over a 100 bucks back then.
Ndog actually got one before I did so alas I didn't get the first. I still watch for the short original size version as I prefer it over the longer handled model that folks with big hands prefer, I just think the short handle looks better to me. I've put antler on a few but still have 1 or 2 that are unmessed with.

Bhakta knocked it out of the park from the start, another kami made one that I carry now that is equally nice. Slightly thinner and a tad lighter.

I don't know how many times the officers would be in the patrol bay checking out knives and I'd pull mine out, it was the winner every time. Several of them are now IBBB owners as well.

Don't recall when this happened, 5 years ago, maybe longer, a few others here helped with drawings and such, it basically boiled down to just shrink the larger model to scale.
Thank you for sharing. It’s also one of my favorite small knives! Bhakta does a great job. I really love Kumars large AKB’s!

View attachment 1376880 Thought I’d share this little tid bit of info. These are 3 progressive draws of the AKB that I was fortunate to stumble upon the man that designed it. These were drawn over 20 years ago by Cobalt and as I understand the present AKB was going to be called the Cobalt Special named after Cobalt. He didn’t want it called that name as U.B. was originally going to call it. Cobalt finally bought his first AKB about 1-2 years ago. Original blade length to be approximately 10”!
Just wanted to add the trivia
Thank you so much for the history. Important to pass along so it doesn't vanish with time. A Bhakta AK bowie was my first HI purchase in 2010 or 11 (I forget). Made an amateur kydex chest rig for it-definitely on the short list for the grab and go scenario.

So I digress and pass all the blame on to Bawanna! Well maybe i was a bit at fault for George but mostly it was Bawannas fault! I do remember seeing the Cobalt design and I personally like the way the Kamis added more recurve to it to give it some Khuk kharacteristics. They also added a bit more mass to the front for heavy chopping and that it does well. Not sure if they deviated from the original design too far but im glad it ended up that way. One of my favorites is one made by Sanu I got from Pugs and the fullers on it are fantastic! They are the deepest ive seen yet and are awesome. Thank Pugs for letting that one go:thumbsup::cool:

So I digress and pass all the blame on to Bawanna! Well maybe i was a bit at fault for George but mostly it was Bawannas fault! I do remember seeing the Cobalt design and I personally like the way the Kamis added more recurve to it to give it some Khuk kharacteristics. They also added a bit more mass to the front for heavy chopping and that it does well. Not sure if they deviated from the original design too far but im glad it ended up that way. One of my favorites is one made by Sanu I got from Pugs and the fullers on it are fantastic! They are the deepest ive seen yet and are awesome. Thank Pugs for letting that one go:thumbsup::cool:

That was a good one for sure brother, and it couldn't have gone to a better person!!!!

Back