Angels in green scrubs

ferguson said:
Put the straw to his mouth and he said "No".

"Pop, you've got to eat to live."

"I won't do it"

So I told him it was his decision. It's about the only one he can still make.

Steve

Reminds me of another conscious old person who was very independant. You will have to scroll or read down to get to the part that is relevant to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Nearing

icon1.gif

prayers for all

<:)> THEY call me 'Dean' <>
dean-sp-sm.jpg

<:eek:> Caution: Not all concepts venting from this brain are entirely based on empirical data. fWiW-JMO-M2C-iIRC-YMMV-fYI
<:D> Noobee <> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

Spend as much time with your parents as possible.
Put the old baggage and resentments aside as best you can.
Losing my Dad last spring was devastating. My Mom passed in '96.
When our time comes, is when we go.

DaddyDett

Went by this morning before work and told him "You're about the best dad a boy could have."

Steve, I'm proud to know you.

and by the way, your dad is lucky too.

Prayers for your dad, and for you. And for all those people in scrubs that help us when we're down.

Best to you and your dad my friend,he sounds like he's ready to move on to the next big adventure so be with him as much as you can and know he'll be ready to show you some new things when you meet again someday.

hey steve, i feel this, as i'm going through it in stages myself, but from the a
different point of view.

my mom is "gone" - late stage alzheimers *probably* but they can't tell that 100% - the other best guess is that she's lost her will to live and "checked out" - an innocent child. she eats a little, but so little it's scary, she's so thin. otherwise, she's healthy as a horse. strange if you think about it. life that is.

my thoughts this evening are with you, your family, and mine.

bladite

my mom is "gone" - late stage alzheimers *probably* but they can't tell that 100% - the other best guess is that she's lost her will to live and "checked out" - an innocent child. she eats a little, but so little it's scary, she's so thin. otherwise, she's healthy as a horse. strange if you think about it. life that is.

And prayers for you too. I watched my grandma go this way. It is terrible.

Steve,
Your dad must be a very special person to have raised such a fine son. You are in the hearts and prayers of your many, many friends. May you and your dad each find peace in your own way.
Berk

steve,

My dad passed over when i was 15, and it seemed to be the end of the world, but i found that part of him lived on within me, and i'm sure i will be seeing him when it's my turn to pass over the bridge.

my condolences for you all in this troubling period, remember your dad's strength in making his descision, and the strength he will be leaving behind in you and the others he has touched in his journey.

Back