Anniversary Spyderco

After watching how Spyderco tends to need a fair amount of lead time I thought I might ask about the upcoming anniversary of the Clip-it. Has there been any thought as to whether Spyderco might make something to celebrate the original? A worker with colored handles or something along those lines? Sal? What about you forumites? I would think that we would want to base it on the original. Ideas? Thanks. Dave Jung

Current plan is to discontinue the C01 "Worker" model for the 2001 year. Discussion at this time is to make a short run (600-00 pcs) of a Special Commemorative Worker model. 20 year anniversary of the pattern.

Haven't decided what to make it out of. Opinions?

sal

First off, I guess I should finally pick up a worker before they go away. The blade should be the same, but as far as handle material what about a colored micarta? Red perhaps. Otherwise a G10 color that hasn't been used before. Sal, which color or handle material would you lean towards? Thanks. Dave

may i be so bold as to suggest a three knife version of the evolution set, under a similar glass dome? (naturally the first set should be sent to me as reward for the fine idea....:^> )

maby the set could include an original stainless, the snazy damascus, and then something exotic for the 2000 model, shall we say cobalt blade and CF scales?

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

How about some Lums, haha.
A special edition fullsize Calypso with, err, titanium handles would be cool
biggrin.gif

Ferret, Cool-- Noooo- It would make me Sing, dance, jump, drool, DROOL, is't more than cool.
Ti Calypso or Calypso Ti -I don't care as long as I can get one. It would be best possible anniversary Spyderco for me.

What would also make great anniversary knife is worker with SS damascus blade - nothing more except maybe etching on handle.
Reasons:
1) damascus is cool and it is available in really good SS. Some Swedish company makes SS Damascus with good patterns (I'd prefer random).
2) this damascus would be good performer - not only looker- as metals are ats-34 (RWL-34) and Sandvik 12C27.
3) no need to change tooling etc. - I think.

I'll second the notion of a new G-10 color...

Ben

------------------
"If you're upside down and burning, you probably went too fast."

Hi Sal,

I would suggest a Titanium handled Worker with the design of the first production worker (no rounded corners etc..) and inscription "20th Anniversary....Last XXX made Worker"

Blade would be CPM-440V or Damascus, PlainEdge or fully serrated

What do you think Sal ?

Hi AG - Current leanings are towards a titanium handle, engraved in a similar manner to your description. we would probably keep the chamfered handles though to keep it "most modern" example of the model. Probably fully serrated because it represents the first 3 features offered in the early models (1981/82) (clip, teeth, opening hole).

Not sure on the steel though.

sal

Back