Announcements re: SPAM

Mr. Ritter,

Thank you for the very exciting news. I've placed my order for an M2 Mini, and can't wait to get it!

Ron Smith

Sorry, advertising is not allowed on this forum. If you want to advertise on Bladeforums you'll have to get a Dealer Membership and post in the Exchange section. Click on "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site" at the top of the page for details.

Sorry, nobody has ever complained before when I've posted something about the knives. Won't happen again. As for upgrading to Dealer, I am not a dealer. I don't sell these. I am just a collaborator working to provide another option with these knives. I hesitate to even use the word designer since I really am not a knifemaker. But, whatever, your ball, your rules. I'll go quietly...

Sorry, but that post was just too much like an ad. I hope there's no hard feelings.

Well, I won't see a dime from em, so--aeromedix is selling a ltd edition Rittergrip in coated M2. About 500 will be made-300 reg & 200 minis, serialized. No link, to be safe :D

The prices are so darned close on the 2 sizes ($130/$125). I'd like the mini for the slightly slimmer stock (.115/.100), but heck, I get an extra ~1/2" for only $5.

hardheart said:
I'd like the mini for the slightly slimmer stock (.115/.100), but heck, I get an extra ~1/2" for only $5.

I considered the same thing, but decided I'd get more use out of the mini.

Ron

Geometry looks the same. They are hardening the M2 to 60-62 HRC.

I like the SRK, but hate the S30V that they used because the edge does not hold up. So the M2 looks tempting. How hard is M2 to sharpen with a Lansky or Edgepro?

What....are you guys talking about. I can't see the original post.

But the combination of the words M2 and Ritter has me intrigued.

Aeromedix is coming out with a limited edition Ritter and mini Ritter in coated M2.

It's certainly interesting news. In his enthusiasm Doug's announcement came out looking too much like an ad, but I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, and the moderators certainly don't want to inhibit the free flow of information -- just to try to keep the discussion forums from looking too spammy.

Cougar, I read Doug's original post and was wondering, if he had not mentioned pricing and added the Aeromedix link, would his announcement be ok? Then it would simply be news about the new knife and a link to his own page about it at equipped.org. Can you restore his post to remove content that would look like advertising, but leave the background information on the knife?

I'm also wondering how Doug can announce future collaborations from him, such as the fixed blade with Camillus. What set of guidelines do you think is appropriate to avoid crossing the line from announcement to ad?

Ah, man. I was just about to pull the trigger and order a large and mini, too. Rats! Hope they're not all sold out. :confused:

Back