1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Announcing the NEW 318-2 Proper!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BKC Customer Service, May 7, 2019.

1. BKC Customer Service

BKC Customer Service

Apr 23, 2018
    [​IMG]

.577NE likes this.
  2. Dean51

Dean51 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Looks nice but it's a slip joint not a tactical.
    Put a full flat grind on it, until then NO Thanks

luke2236 and Cypress like this.
  3. GJJGrappler

GJJGrappler

May 19, 2006
    Not tacticool enough for you, huh? How about if it came with an Emerson wave, bottle opener, and glass breaker? Geesh.

4. Dean51

Aug 30, 2014
    If you didn't understand what was written.
    I was saying a slip joint needs a full flat grind not a saber grind. Spelled out clearly for you with the saber grind it's to tactical.
    It's a small slipjoint, it should have been a slicer not a saber ground mini sword.
    Geesh :p

Mo2 likes this.
  5. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I wonder what hardness BM is targeting on this blade

6. Dean51

Aug 30, 2014
    jux t likes this.
  7. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    DLT Trading had some Propers done up with a Tom Krein regrind. It was sooooo tempting, but it was $200.

Dean51 likes this.
  8. PeterS84

PeterS84 Sharpening addict, collector of "super steels" Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    I like that they went to S90V but wish they would take the grind on this knife MUCH thinner. It's chunky behind the edge, especially for a slip joint. Probably will end up buying one of these at some point and may have it reground myself.