Announcing the NEW 537 BAILOUT!

Considering how similar this is to the 535 Bugout, Has anyone on here asked for one in 3v yet? If not, Benchmade, can we get one? It could be pink and I'd buy one.

Considering how similar this is to the 535 Bugout, Has anyone on here asked for one in 3v yet? If not, Benchmade, can we get one? It could be pink and I'd buy one.

What's funny is that everyone asked for a Bugout in M390/20CV or M4. Typical Benchmade move of completely ignoring the forum crowdsources and making everyone go "but why o_O"

Hmm, like 3V but not tantos.

Not sure on this one.

I will say, a tanto point like that will cut through material like a plasma torch through ... oh nevermind.

Well, I went and picked up the only Bailout my local shop had. It turned out to be #0363 in the First Production run, which is pretty cool. Didn’t care for the billboarding one way or the other at first, but I’ve gotta say it’s pretty neat.

First thing I did was open a bag of clams with the points edge, went outside and shaved some wood and then tested the edge on some receipt paper. It’s a nice user and even coming from a Para 3 this thing is unnoticeable in the pocket.

If you can get your hands on one at this point I’d recommend it!

Maybe a good secondary for police officers? I'm not really sure what to think of this one.

I keep coming back to "kind of neat I guess".

I see it more as a light hiking knife. I don’t know if I’d bring it on a survival trip in the place of a fixed option but for a day hiking or light urban carry I think it’s perfect.

The tanto has a bit of a belly to it and does a fine job. I’m not afraid to break the tip on a 3V Tanto folder like I would be say a S35VN clip point.

I got this to give it hell and see what it can take without feeling guilty. Most of us way over-prepare when it comes to blade shapes and steels. In reality a decades-old, dull and dusted SAK could get us out of a jam.

I’m surprised I like it as much as I do considering I’ve avoided buying a Bug this whole time.

I suspect that the handle will break before the Blade. :-/. Looking forward to adding this to the collection.

20-D99-D3-D-AD33-40-DF-9624-CE9-C14-AD50-D7.jpg

How is it? I figured it would be like a slightly more butt heavy Bugout.

It’s nice. I took it fishing today and cleared some small branches, cut a bunch of 50lb braided line and carved a little. The blade is sharp but it’s a very toothy edge.

I don’t usually go for Tantos but I find it useful to have essentially four cutting areas being the belly, the front edge, the point where they meet and of course the tip. Also, with the extra mass around the tip it certainly instills confidence in being a little more durable than say a clip point.

All in all, I like the 3V.. it’s tough. The belly Benchmade gave the blade doesn’t lend itself to the usual Tanto complaints about effective edge length.

It balances on my finger right at the axis lock. It’s so light you can barely even notice any weight anywhere, honestly. I wish the scales had a little palm swell to them because it is incredibly thin. I’m so used to the Para 3, and the Bailout makes it feel like a chubby kid. I’m looking forward to the aftermarket scales in the near future.

I’m if out in the sticks but want to stay light I’ll grab the Bailout. However, I have a few great EDC blades that I prefer in other situations. With that said, the Bailout is now one of those great blades, unique to its own special situation.. and I enjoy carrying it!

It’s nice. I took it fishing today and cleared some small branches, cut a bunch of 50lb braided line and carved a little. The blade is sharp but it’s a very toothy edge.

I don’t usually go for Tantos but I find it useful to have essentially four cutting areas being the belly, the front edge, the point where they meet and of course the tip. Also, with the extra mass around the tip it certainly instills confidence in being a little more durable than say a clip point.

All in all, I like the 3V.. it’s tough. The belly Benchmade gave the blade doesn’t lend itself to the usual Tanto complaints about effective edge length.

It balances on my finger right at the axis lock. It’s so light you can barely even notice any weight anywhere, honestly. I wish the scales had a little palm swell to them because it is incredibly thin. I’m so used to the Para 3, and the Bailout makes it feel like a chubby kid. I’m looking forward to the aftermarket scales in the near future.

I’m if out in the sticks but want to stay light I’ll grab the Bailout. However, I have a few great EDC blades that I prefer in other situations. With that said, the Bailout is now one of those great blades, unique to its own special situation.. and I enjoy carrying it!

Thanks for the write-up. I've been looking for a slim knife, and this one definitely caught my eye. Like you, I'm anxious to see what the customizers are going to come up with.

rouge bladeworks has some for sale already. all i saw so far was orange but i’m sure more colors are coming.

Back