Annoyed

Not sure if anyone reads the full thread anymore but I’m happy with what I’ve got now. I picked up a 4th Crucarta PM2 and lubed the dent ball when it started grinding. Al good now. This only seemed to be an issue with the crucarta version which I think might have something to do with the raw cruwear blade not being as smooth as polished S45VN or DLC coated blades.

Secondly I picked up a Magnacut PM2 with AWT aluminum scales and I like that one a lot too

My main frustration was simply not being able to pick up “good versions” readily like other brands.

Pics added.

Anyone with Ducati as part of a forum name I would expect to be a gear-head and expecting as close to perfection as possible. I have carried a PM2 for quite a while and love it. I don’t ‘fidget’ with my knives.
Spyderco recently sent out an email with info about PM models, including a blacked out Salt version in Magnacut with different scale texturing. Lots of choices out there.
I hope you enjoy your knives and consider looking at sites Ferider mentioned if looking for a particular one.

Anyone with Ducati as part of a forum name I would expect to be a gear-head and expecting as close to perfection as possible. I have carried a PM2 for quite a while and love it. I don’t ‘fidget’ with my knives.
Spyderco recently sent out an email with info about PM models, including a blacked out Salt version in Magnacut with different scale texturing. Lots of choices out there.
I hope you enjoy your knives and consider looking at sites Ferider mentioned if looking for a particular one.

How dare you? You think that you know someone.

(I don't either, to be honest. Never have. :cool: :thumbsup: )

Not sure if anyone reads the full thread anymore but I’m happy with what I’ve got now. I picked up a 4th Crucarta PM2 and lubed the dent ball when it started grinding. Al good now. This only seemed to be an issue with the crucarta version which I think might have something to do with the raw cruwear blade not being as smooth as polished S45VN or DLC coated blades.

Secondly I picked up a Magnacut PM2 with AWT aluminum scales and I like that one a lot too

My main frustration was simply not being able to pick up “good versions” readily like other brands.

Pics added.

Did you lube the detent ball on any of the others before sending back, or is this the first one?

My post above yours is the magnacut pm2. I swapped the scales for aluminum AWTs already.

My post above yours is the magnacut pm2. I swapped the scales for aluminum AWTs already.
I saw that, and commented that I hope you enjoy your knives. I was simply stating that Spyderco has a number of options.

A few thousand miles down the road and the PM2’s chain will rip. Don’t ask me how I know.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Unless a lot has changed since i rode, he is doing a fair amount of maintenance and still has a bike that makes some odd noises.

Ducati
lol8.gif
Got electrical tape?

Last edited:
I had Ducati Monster 821 and Panigale 959 when I made the online handle. Then I ended up trading for a BMW S1000R and BMW S1000RR which I loved. Then I had some vision problems and kids so I quit riding a few years ago, unfortunately.

I quit riding when i had kids, too. Cell phones made it scary as well. No one is looking at the road anymore. I do have a WR250r stashed upstairs at my shop on a battery tender but i sold everything else.

Just started looking at Spyderco and all of the good ones are exclusives and gone. What the heck.
Some of the models are magic and with the right hype an exclusive/sprint will melt down the internet and sell out immediately. Some are more readily available on the secondary market than others. For that matter the models in S30V are no slouch. One of the best is the PM2 in S110V and it should be available almost all the time.

I owned a Ducati 998 Monocoque back in 1998.

It wasn't a 998R (which is in the pic) but it looked exactly this this. I still regret selling that bike. 🤷‍♂️

RT7zy5R.jpeg

Last edited:
Back