Anodized Titanium Bolstered Buck 110 with Mammoth

Discussion in 'JAG Custom Knives' started by JAGcustomknives, Aug 15, 2014.

1. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a project nearly complete. (countersinking still left, add titanium screws and maybe a thumb stud)
    It's a traditional knife, with modern materials and ancient materials. :)
    The rocker is a full floating design, so the knife can be disassembled.
    I achieved a kind of polished, but satin finish on the titanium with no orange peel (further polishing would create some)

Wat do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    I'm thinking I'll take a little more bark off and have it scrimshawed while I look for a Stainless Damascus blade.

3. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    Wowzers,that's a sweet knife!

4. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    You do nice work! :thumbup:

5. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Thank you guys. I sure would like to get my hands on a Buck stainless damascus for this one. I have a friend checking with a friend for one, but I might end up doing one myself and saving the rest of the 110 mechanism.

6. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Looks like I might have found a SS Dammy blade woohoo!

7. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    I sure wish Buck still offered these blades. Thanks Lance and Joe! Pictured with it is another Ti bolstered anodized yellow to simulate a brass look. The screws on both of these are also Ti.

[​IMG]

8. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    What do you think of the anodize?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]