1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Chefs knife finished ;)

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Jelle B. Hazenberg, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Jelle B. Hazenberg

Jelle B. Hazenberg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 20, 2015
    Steel: white #2 with 22 layer cladding

Handle: African Blackwood, Bloodwood & Macassar Ebony

DSC_5648.jpg

DSC_5654.jpg

2. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Good looking lines again.
    To me the bloodwood is one to many, but that is my taste

3. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    You have a great eye for design Jelle. I would tend to agree that the Bloodwood seems out of place. You have a beautifully shaped blade and handle with those wonderful bold linear grain lines running down the length of the handle. The grain accents the sleek lines of the knife then the Bloodwood kind of kills the flow of the dynamic linear motion of the handle. It's a small nit to pick and only my opinion. A very handsome knife though.

4. Jelle B. Hazenberg

Jelle B. Hazenberg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 20, 2015
    I have to agree with you guys. More of the Macassar Ebony would have been nice but the block I had wasn't big enough. I do like the Bloodwood though, especially as it will get gets darker with time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Jelle

5. Craig Daniel

Craig Daniel

Feb 17, 2016
    Excellent, I love the combos here.

Jelle B. Hazenberg likes this.
  6. Maineiac1

Maineiac1

May 3, 2017
    Love it!

7. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Very stylish! I like the bloodwood, myself...

8. Jelle B. Hazenberg

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks Salem! ;)

9. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer

May 4, 2005
    Absolutely Lovely. I must acquire one of your beauties.

10. Juha Perttula

Juha Perttula Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Really nice, the handle looks perfect.