1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Another exploratory trip, found something this time

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, May 19, 2019.

1. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Well done!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I’m really curious to find out what’s down that tunnel. Wouldn’t advise going back alone. I know that opal or gold mining was a hobby for many Australians, but mate, that’s quite the cave!!!

Really odd......

I love seeing pics of the Australian bush. Andy is another one to post such eye candy. Thanks to both of you!

I’ll ba back in Oz beginning 2020..... what a treat that will be!

MacLaren1 likes this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ....don't forget the "trained" Drop Bears.... in reality the training is just not to kill ME. Anyone trying to liberate an ASH from the compound is fair game to them.... :D

gk4ever2 likes this.
  3. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Just an excellent narrative and pics—held my attention throughout. Thanks for taking us along on your adventures, Mate!:thumbsup:

gk4ever2 likes this.
  4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dang brother, you had my hair standing on end before that read was done. Thanks for taking us along.

gk4ever2 likes this.
  5. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Great pics and story, but for safety I would take a partner.;):thumbsup:

duramax and gk4ever2 like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ....... in Australia that is always the person that turns out to be a Milat (serial killer) and as you explore down that tunnel they smack you in the head with the shovel.... just the way it goes... :D

Apocryphiliac likes this.
  7. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    That happened to me once, and I woke up in Belanglo!! ... Heck of a long walk back to the ute... !! :(

8. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Walking into the pools of water had me on edge. Good thing you didn't walk straight into a water-filled shaft!

9. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    .....but at least you were still walking ... ;)

10. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I would still be careful around Wolf Creek.:D

11. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I was thinking the same thing. Being in a vertical shaft of cold, murky water would not be fun, especially if the light went out! :eek:

12. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Thanks for the warning! :eek::D

13. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    WOW dude. Incredible stuff. You’re a legend!