Another Gift from the Gods....

dredd8

Gold Member
Well, it was not a gift, but I got this from Mr. John Fitch today. 6 3/8" blade and 10 3/4" overall. The knife tells the rest of the story.

standard.jpg

Wow, that is COOL!!! I dont think I have ever seen a Fitch like that, great stag too, nice catch.

Yeah, not what I expected ( a honking ultra-wide bowie). But always a great feeling to get a nice piece of work from a mastersmith, like John Fitch. Congrats. Jason.

No Roger, I called him about it after the show and it was sold, so he made me another one.

dredd8 said:
No Roger, I called him about it after the show and it was sold, so he made me another one.

He made you another one THAT FAST??!! :eek: I really lked that one at SOS - one of those knives that you pick up and it immediately has a great feel. Love the look of it too. I also like the fact that it is something of a departure - design wise - from the majority of the knives we see from Big John. Real good score.

Roger

Big John is a knifemaking machine! I think his grinder is a 5 hp model, and he really leans into it. He could probably grind a bowie blade in a couple of minutes.

Nice little knife!

Danbo said:
I think his grinder is a 5 hp model, and he really leans into it....

Man, that's a LOT of leaning!!! :eek:

Once Big John leans into it, it'd take a 5hp motor to keep the belt spinnin'..........;)

If that's not a 'sticker', I don't know what is! Great piece.......:cool:

Dan Koster was talking about John's grinder when we met this spring. At the time I believe he was using a 3 HP motor, which he still stalled once in a while. I guess that's why he went to 5 HP.. :eek:

Nice looking knife too, very clean and simple. I love the stag. :)

Back