Another milestone...

How cool is this? Yesterday my wife informs me that in preparation for our upcoming 2 year anniversary (5/19), she has been checking out the available now section of fiddlebackforge.com! The coolest part is that she was looking completely on her own, without any input from me and without having to ask "what is the name of the place that sells those knife thingies you like?". I was blown away:eek::cool:

She was disappointed because she couldn't find anything currently available (there or here), so I told her about the runs for which Andy has sign-ups going right now:D

I'm torn between signing up immediately or waiting to see if Andy brings anything "special" to Blade.

Andy, will you be making that sweet Bubinga available as a $15 option on these? I'm thinking a Woodsman with red liners, East Indian Rosewood underlay and Bubinga top layer would be killer. Any chance of a red bullseye lanyard tube?

Decisions, decisions.

I have plenty of the Bubinga. But it was super expensive. That tiny plank was $160. I've never spent so much on wood.

A $15 upgrade fee would cover it though. I think I'm also going to offer Bocote on the runs too. It was suggested to me today. I just love using that stuff, and that'd be a good reason to buy a plank.

I've got a goal of having 10 knives with me at Blade. There will be pretty pretties! I have one Woodsman done now with unbelievably curly stabalized Maple on the handle. There will be a matching Hunter in the same material, but with a tapered tang. I've also got a Ladyfinger wearing Bocote with tapered tang, and a sweet Bushcrafter with tapered tang wearing Paduk over something REALLY dark. 6 to go. They're getting done in addition to the knives I'm selling each week. (I finished a ladyfinger Friday that has Massaccar Ebony on it, and is badass!!!)

We should all do a dinner together. Saturday night? Anybody else interested?

Oh. JC. The lanyard tubes are limited to the colors I can get, which unfortunately are not very broad. The product between the steels is an industrial product, and not available in all the colors of the rainbow.

I have plenty of the Bubinga. But it was super expensive. That tiny plank was $160. I've never spent so much on wood.

A $15 upgrade fee would cover it though. I think I'm also going to offer Bocote on the runs too. It was suggested to me today. I just love using that stuff, and that'd be a good reason to buy a plank.

I've got a goal of having 10 knives with me at Blade. There will be pretty pretties! I have one Woodsman done now with unbelievably curly stabalized Maple on the handle. There will be a matching Hunter in the same material, but with a tapered tang. I've also got a Ladyfinger wearing Bocote with tapered tang, and a sweet Bushcrafter with tapered tang wearing Paduk over something REALLY dark. 6 to go. They're getting done in addition to the knives I'm selling each week. (I finished a ladyfinger Friday that has Massaccar Ebony on it, and is badass!!!)

We should all do a dinner together. Saturday night? Anybody else interested?

I seriously cannot wait for Blade! I have a feeling it is going to be awesome. It sounds like you've got quite a few blades that are going to be outstanding. For the time being, I will wait until Blade. Unfortunately, we're only going to be there Friday night. I'm surprised I could get my wife to agree to a night away without Bailey, so soon after having her. I didn't have the heart to ask for two nights:( I'll definitely track you down Friday afternoon though and if schedules permit, we could do dinner Friday (no pressure).

Oh. JC. The lanyard tubes are limited to the colors I can get, which unfortunately are not very broad. The product between the steels is an industrial product, and not available in all the colors of the rainbow.

Understood. I just thought a red tube with red liners would look great. It stands to reason that if there were other viable options, we'd have seen them in your work by now:D

I'll be there Friday night. Give me a call. We can hang out in the pit and drink.

Will do. Why doesn't it surprise me that the run for the knife I want, the Woodsman, is filling up the fastest? That makes the decision to wait until Blade even harder:confused:

What do you think about the Bubinga over the East Indian Rosewood? Would those contrast nicely or do you think Bubinga over Osage would be better? Damnit, you've got too many great woods:grumpy::thumbup:

Back