Another new customer with questions

I am also a new potential (heh) owner. However, I have a small prejudice.
I like only certain models and even then, only ones with a particular blade
shape. I have a pic of one I like, but since you can't upload here, I'm
stuck for I.D. purposes.

My other problem is: I always seem to miss out on the sales. I presume
the time is varied to 'spread the wealth', so to speak, but I was wondering
if there is a schedule of days when batches are offered.

Thanks.

Welcome, Gorm!

you might check around on the Himalayan Imports website to ID your blade. Pretty useful. www.himalayan-imports.com

As with the Deal of the Day schedule, you just gotta be a "shark". :) There is really no schedule, so one just has to check every day (if you're serious) somewhere between 11:30-ish and 3:00. Almost always somewhere in this span. Days are completely variable.

Well, thanks for stopping by! I'm sure some of the more experienced members can help more. I hope you come back often. Believe me, whatever HI knife you get, you won't be disappointed. They're just the best, Gorm.

Welcome. Be well, and I hope to see ya again! :)

Namaarie

namaarie said:
Welcome, Gorm!

As with the Deal of the Day schedule, you just gotta be a "shark". :) There is really no schedule, so one just has to check every day (if you're serious) somewhere between 11:30-ish and 3:00. Almost always somewhere in this span. Days are completely variable.

Namaarie
Check OFTEN during the those times. DOTD tend to be Monday through Thursday. Many of us have jobs where we can check while at work, others like myself often get a couple days off during the week.

Just remember this, there is a reason this is our family, after spending hours and hours staring at the screen waiting for UB (Uncle Bill) to post THE deal of the centruy, and then you are off doing family things, you might tend to choose the computer over family.....

(sniff sniff)

If you have a picture you want to post, you can send it to me and I can put it up where others can see.

I would say 11-1 central time is the usual shark feeding time. Although Yangdu has been known to spread it out a little. Your best bet, if you're looking for a specific size or model, is to email and ask what they have in stock.

Scot

mPisi said:
If you have a picture you want to post, you can send it to me and I can put it up where others can see.

I would say 11-1 central time is the usual shark feeding time. Although Yangdu has been known to spread it out a little. Your best bet, if you're looking for a specific size or model, is to email and ask what they have in stock.

Scot

Hey, everyone knows the best deals of the day are now between 1 am - 4 am. nightly. Don't even bother logging in late mornings or early afternoons at all. Oh, there MAY be one or two cast offs from the night sales, but nothing worth mentioning. 'Kay?

All the khuk sharks who try and selfishly keep everything for themselves don't even bother with the old junk sold in the mornings. It may take some rearranging of your schedule, but go for the "All-nite specials!" instead! Tell all your new friends on the forum! ;)

Regards,

Norm

For shame Norm! ;) The best deals are actually on Sundays at 0400 EST.

The UBBDs are often scattered throughout the mid-day.

It is not a regular feature, but a courtesy by Bill and Yangdu.

Since Bill's illness, it drops down on the priority list of things to do in a day, but is still surprisingly frequent. Even in illness, Bill M. and Yangdu are marvelous to the forum folks.

The "sharks" that circle this particular boat have been known to have a separate window open on their computers, already addressed to HIMIMP@AOL.COM, with an order form typed out. Then, when the specials appear, they merely type in the date, the specific offering they want, and the way they will be paying, and transmit...sometimes BEFORE the pictures have finished down-loading on the HI forum site!

You don't need a sound card in your computer to hear the theme from "JAWS" playing as you see the UBBDs disappear some days.

(and "evil" is just "live", backwards.)

Welcome to seaworld.

Kismet said:
The UBBDs are often scattered throughout the mid-day.

It is not a regular feature, but a courtesy by Bill and Yangdu.

Since Bill's illness, it drops down on the priority list of things to do in a day, but is still surprisingly frequent. Even in illness, Bill M. and Yangdu are marvelous to the forum folks.

The "sharks" that circle this particular boat have been known to have a separate window open on their computers, already addressed to HIMIMP@AOL.COM, with an order form typed out. Then, when the specials appear, they merely type in the date, the specific offering they want, and the way they will be paying, and transmit...sometimes BEFORE the pictures have finished down-loading on the HI forum site!

You don't need a sound card in your computer to hear the theme from "JAWS" playing as you see the UBBDs disappear some days.

(and "evil" is just "live", backwards.)

Welcome to seaworld.

That's right! But the ONE time I thought of doing this in advance was the Monday where I just had a strong feeling something good was gonna get dangled off of Uncle Bills line. I got my seperate email ready, hit "refresh" on the blade forums site once a minute until the special popped up at 10:27 am., typed in "Hold the Manjushree!" and hit SEND within a minute of the posting.

Then my email crashed for 10 minutes! Dayum! That one just wasn't meant to be. Did get a nice Kobra that day though, which I would have skipped if my mail had worked.

It all works out in the end! Just keep plugging away.

Regards,

Norm

Back