1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

another REDNECK thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VANCE, Jul 18, 2012.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next to a white owl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Vanguard41xx

Vanguard41xx

Dec 29, 2010
    That knife has REALLY grown on me since it came out. I'll probably pick one up at the Open House. Hope they have black or else I'll have to dye the handle.

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i dont wanna lose it

4. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    the white owl has been in my pocket since BLADE......but the redneck decription...hit home

5. richstag

richstag

Feb 22, 2007
    Nice pics! These are the most detailed I have seen of the new pivot. The test run had gaps and those gaps were filled with epoxy. Yours seems to be very flush together and am I seeing no epoxy?

Thanks.

6. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Rednecks are RED.
    Really nice knife. can i have it?
    :D

7. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
  8. comoha

comoha Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2006
    I don't think you could dye a hard plastic like that.

9. Vanguard41xx

Vanguard41xx

Dec 29, 2010
    Didn't realize it was a hard plastic, oh well. :)

10. trapper78

trapper78

Apr 3, 2009
    Is this going to be a regular in the line up or is this another limited run? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I can't seem to find an answer. Thank you very much.

11. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    Congrats, they are fine knives! Rich, the finish is much cleaner on this run of Bullnoses, no gaps on either of my two like on my test run.

12. richstag

richstag

Feb 22, 2007
    Thanks Trev.

13. Tripton

Tripton

May 26, 2008
    That is a great looking knife, but I do not understand why they would need to stamp "REDNECK" into it all over.

Killed it for me.

Congrats to you though. I hope they stick the O1 in more knives.

14. BigBill5953

BigBill5953

Mar 5, 2012
    Great lookig blade! I'm strongly considering getting one for my first soddie.

15. Knife Crazied

Knife Crazied

Apr 17, 2009
    The redneck sure is being used proudly. Maybe they should research rednecks to the coal mine strike where the word started.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

16. ranchmanben

ranchmanben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Ash, just curios, how does Redneck pertain to coal miners? I had always thought it was for farmers.

Ben

17. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i believe i saw a show that explained it was coined because of the union members & their use of red bandanas

18. ranchmanben

ranchmanben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks Phil, you learn something every day.

19. Did anyone confirm if there are other handle materials for this model?

20. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    Mike from Collectorsknives.net had stated they were going to do other handle materials but has since updated in another thread that they only plan the orange for now:(