• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

Another run of W&SS neck knife?

You know what would RULE? Another run of the W&SS neck knife. That would make my day. Whose with me?

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I am - sign me up! :thumbup:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dan

Wait, there's actually going to be another run of these? Sign me up sir!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Yes - it's on the schedule for early summer this year. :thumbup:

I haven't added it to my order list yet because I need to wrap up a few other things first. But it will be there - and with several steel options available. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dan

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
What steel are we talking about this time?

for the record - I will never do S90V again....no way.

:eek:

Dan

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
3V is always "in the works"....it's a done-deal.

I'm open to M4....just haven't had a ton of people interested in it yet.

Any others?

Brummie

Gold Member
I've been nagging about this for I don't know how long. 3V will do me nicely, although I might possibly be persuaded to grab something else as well.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
I've been tempted to do a scandi grind - I would definitely want to use thinner steel for it, and probably not offer a skeletonized version.

Thoughts?

Dan

Dan,
Having owned and used several of your knives (present carry is a Woodlore) with scandi edges and owning a W&SS, I feel that the scandi edge enhances the usefulness of the little knife. The 3V definitely holds an edge longer and toughens a scandi grind. Just my personal observations and opinion.
img2473kf.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
I have secured a source for 0.100" thick CPM154. With a scandi grind - that would make an excellent bushcrafting neck knife.

I would offer both grinds, of course. :thumbup:

Dan