Another Shop Injury

Well, I managed to do it again. Amazingly no power equipment was involved, well, not while it was running. I was under the work bench (no jokes about that please ;) ) trying to see which way the motor needed to rotate on my hydraulic power unit. And for some reason while backing out, I decided to bash my face into the top corner of the 20 gallon reservoir. Got a nice split/fat bottom lip and a loose tooth out of the deal. But hey, the press is up and running. :D

At least I didn't try to catch a 1800° piece of steel....hehehe... ;)

Yeah it was dark. I don't have any lights in the forging room any more so even in the daytime it is pretty darn dark since it is in the basement. And of course, during my typical shop hours, 2pm to 2am, it was dark outside too.

Feels better today though. Hopefully I won't have a repeat when I top off the tank with hydraulic fluid later on today.

I had a bad day in the shop yesterday too. Pulled a master williams move and touched some 1800 degree steel, raised a blister on the heel of my hand right where the hammer handle rubs.
Then I had some welding to do, figured it was pretty warm out, and I didn't have much to do so I did it in short sleeves. Cooked the hell out of my left arm. Its bright red and starting to peel. Even has a burnt smell to it (I noticed that sleeping in class today). To top it off my right arm is still pale as can be so I look really stupid :rolleyes:
Wish I woulda just bashed my face in like Sean, I couldn't get any uglier if I tried :D

Back