Another Stellar Bit of Customer Service

When I mentioned a couple months ago, that my used Sebenza came without a wrench, Anne Reeve wrote to me, got my address and sent me a wrench. I posted my great pleasure with that generosity here.

Well, an average red-blooded American male would have immediately checked out the wrench, and probably dismantled his Sebenza just to see what it looked like in there. Well, I'm considerably below average in the Mr. Fixit type genes and abilities. I didn't. Just carefully put the wrench away in the original box with the BC etc.

Early last week, I saw this round purple/blue thing lying on the carpet near my feet. When I leaned forward to see what it was, I saw this silver screw/bolt lying beside it. I instantly recognized that the anodized spacer from my Sebbie had fallen out. Search as I might, I never could find the other half of the screw. (I had the female end, but was missing the male.)

So, I e-mailed CRK. Bridget immediately responded with the question which model I had -- see, am just not mechanically minded or smart -- and after I sent it to her, she immediately promised to mail me a screw. When it had been mailed, Bridget e-mailed me to make me aware of that.

Well, got it yesterday, but forgot about it. Today, put that sucker where it belonged. Checked the other screw for tightness and the pivot while I was at it. The other screw needed nearly a half turn to achieve snugness. The pivot about 1/8th of a turn.

Probably everybody else is smart enough to check their screws periodically. But, don't recall anyone mentioning that since I've been reading this forum. Might be a good idea for anyone else who isn't regularly maintaining their Sebenza to check those screws occasionally.

On both these occasions, I strongly insisted on paying for the parts sent to me. On both occasions, I received an invoice with all zeroes in the proper price places, and a handwritten, "Thank you," on the page.

I don't think service gets any better than this. Does it?

Yep, they're the best. I've dealt with a lot of distributors/manufacturers in the last few years but none have come even close to Bridget & the bunch.

Now...if I could only get them to write those zeros on the invoices for these woods I keep getting in...... :)

....Here Here Dennis! :) I'd like a few of those zero's myself!

You are right Bugs3.....the customer service is superb at CRK.

I too, have a used Seb Lg. I found a wrench to fit, but am a little confused how to torque the 2 screws over the blade so the blade moves smoothly without leaving the screws too loose. In other words, is the pivot screw torqued differently than the one below it?I have not taken it apart yet, just loose to clean and apply tw-25.

Just tighten the pivot screw as you do the others. There is a bushing in there that sets the spacing for the blade. No adjustment is required. Any drag on the blade comes from the locking bar pressing against it. After awhile, it will wear in and the action will become smoother. There needs to be a small amount of lubricant where the lockbar contacts the blade. Do not leave the pivot screw loose.

I have had great service also Bridget and the crew have been so nice and prompt with emails and phone calls between the knifes and the service i have to say the Reeves camp are the best i have found

Tim

Back