Another Update on Jess

Well I have tried starting this thread for a week now, I just haven't been able to finish. I could really use the support you guys and gals provide. Jessy's cancer has gone into her spine and the radiation started on that last Tuesday, the same day she got the last dose of whole head radiation. Unfortunately the cancer has spread to the lining of her brain. There is nothing they can do for that. They will continue to treat it as it lands in other parts of the body, as per her choice, and they are going to try a radical chemo that requires injection directly to the brain, it will only buy a little time, if it works. It's pretty new and from what I understand, has had minor success in trials. As far as the timeline, the Oncologist says maybe two months, the Radiologist is not being as straight with her though. Best case scenario is six months give or take. She remains upbeat and positive and has decided she will do everything she can to fight. I am taking her to meet with the Neurosurgeon tomorrow and then to radiation. Many people have pulled together and have done some really great things, bringing meals over, helping with the kids after school, sending donations and putting together a benefit for her. We are all grateful for everything.
I just need an outlet and some kind words from my "family" here, I need to be strong and upbeat for and around her, and all of your good energy can help me to be that for her. Sorry for the rambling, but I haven't been thinking straight this last week.

Prayers and smoke sent. This will be a very difficult time.

The love you share now though will be very special. Make the most of every moment.:thumbup:

Stay strong and keep faith..its not over til its over. And I will keep praying for you and Jess.

Prayers are inbound. Like stated above nothing is over til its over. I believe miracles happen and I will be praying for one here. Stay strong for her and be as positive and upbeat as possible. It really is admirable that she is fighting this thing all the way. May God bless you and your entire family in this trying time.

If you ever need somebody to talk to or just listen for awhile you know how to reach me.

Garth

Sorry to hear what is happening, but never give up! Prayers and positive thoughts still coming your way.

You are both incredibly strong people - hang in there, keep up the fight. Prayers your way.

We will keep praying for all of you.
Hang in there my friend.

Stay strong. I went through months of this last year and this year with my wife, so I know how horrible this disease really is. Just know that being by her side through this is giving her the comfort and strength that she needs right now.

Stay Strong Look Towards the Heavens....Smoke and Prayers inbound...

Prayers and hugs to all.

Yes, cancer sucks.

Support research to help find a cure...

Stay strong, she needs you to be strong for her now more than ever.

I wish cancer was a person so I could find it and tell/show it what I think about it... I try not to hate, but it's really hard sometimes. If a problem can't be solved with violence or the threat of, I'm usually not much help, but I will do everything I can to help you and her family.

I saw the link you posted to the donations page on your sig line and as soon as my VA disability comes on the first I'm going to help out a little. I'm not close with any of my family and it really hits me hard to see this happen, you obviously care so much for her.

Thank you everyone! Jessy had an appointment with Dr. Dannish today, the neurologist. He is on board with Dr. Ronnen as far as the port directly into the brain. Jessy has decided to go forward with this course of chemo, it is the last type of chemo she can try. Dr. R wants her to finish this course of radiation before the surgery for the port is done. The last radiation on the spine will be on Tuesday, so sometime after that she will have the surgery. The spinal taps are an option, but not what Jessy wants, so port it is. This course of treatment, if at all beneficial, will be 2x a week forever. If it is not helping, she will discontinue it and nothing further can be done. *forever in this case is relative. We had a good day together in spite of everything. Many good conversations, some light, some deep. She continues to have an amazing outlook and is a real inspiration and hero in my eyes.
You all have been so great and I can not begin to express my gratitude for ALL of the kind words, prayers, smoke and strength you have all given to me.
I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.

Stay strong, she needs you to be strong for her now more than ever.

I wish cancer was a person so I could find it and tell/show it what I think about it... I try not to hate, but it's really hard sometimes. If a problem can't be solved with violence or the threat of, I'm usually not much help, but I will do everything I can to help you and her family.

I saw the link you posted to the donations page on your sig line and as soon as my VA disability comes on the first I'm going to help out a little. I'm not close with any of my family and it really hits me hard to see this happen, you obviously care so much for her.

Dan, I wish it were a person also so I could have you kick the carp out of it!

Prayers sent for you, Jess, and your families

Smoke and prayers -- I hate reading things like this, but I am glad you can share it here.
I sincerely hope that the new treatment works better than hoped for and when her time comes it is as painless as possible.

Back