Another way to skin that Cat.

MyDogsHunt

BANNED
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but since I like hunting and fishing, here's a little bone handled skinner I just finished up.
038.jpg

I'm not a custom knife maker (or even close to being one) but i like to buy blades and put handles on em to give away as gifts. Beats the Chinaland crap ya buy at the stores, if ya know what I mean.
Anywhooo, this was my first try at using Cow Bone so it's not perfect. I really like the feel of it though and will probably try doing another one as soon as I get my courage up. :eek:
Thanks for looking.
Charlie

Looks great.

Just becareful... I started out with a couple of kit knives, then I had to make one from scratch.... and the addiction goes on.

Ric

LOL,,,, Yea, that's not the first time I've heard that.
I don't have to worry about that to much though since my hands are so arthritic I can't tinker much during the winter months.

Here's a couple more Cat Skinners I did.
S7301196.jpg

noname070.jpg

And some Green River blades.
I love the carbon steel in these blades but they're getting hard to find.
Fortunately I bought a bunch of em a few years ago that I'm hoarding.
006-4.jpg

Their "belt knives" are perfect for the camp box.
001-1-2.jpg

Anywhoo,,, Like I said, "It's just a hobby" so thanks for not being to hard on me. :eek:
Charlie

Beautiful work! Crazy Crow still has some Green Rivers for sale, I love that model, and yours looks even better.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that vendor.
Unfortunatly they're out of the boning blade and so am I.
They do have the belt knife blade (they call it the hunter) and those sweet little rippers though. I may have to add a few more to my stash.

Last edited:
I find a bunch by googling "russell boning knife", that's how I found the other vendor. I don't think it's deal spotting if nobody else carries it. :D It's my favorite turkey carving knife.

Good luck!

Yea,,,, that Russel boning knife is great for allot of uses.
I did one for my good friend who's a school teacher, but moonlights as a meat cutter during Deer/Elk season. He loves it!
The boning blade and ripper that I posted are the only one's I've managed to hang on to for myself.
Hopefully that'll change with that little bone handled skinner, but I've said that before and always seem to end up giving em to someone.
One thing's for sure though, I'm ordering a couple of those "Belt Knives" or "Hunters" or whatever they're calling em these days, and hiding one of em in my camp box. That's another one that I can't seem to hang on to. Course, that's why I do it so it's all good.
Thanks again for the info.
Charlie

Last edited:
Back