1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Antique Frankenscissors

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by HMHaines, Aug 16, 2018.

1. HMHaines

HMHaines

Aug 15, 2018
    My great-godmother was, among many other things, a collector of the old, a hoarder of the potentially useful, and a seamstress of the highest degree. Though I didn't inherit her favorite scissors when she passed, I did get my favorite pair from her collection.

The woman's father stuck these two mis-matched halves of scissors together. They cut like a dream despite not being sharpened for at least a couple of decades, plus they feel great in the hand. In order to keep them alive for as long as possible, and keep using them as often as I can, I've recently decided to keep them as my beard and sideburn trimmers. Not a super dignified life, I guess...

As you'll see in the photos, the parts don't totally line up and each half has a different maker's mark. That's exactly why I love them so much!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FOG2 likes this.
  2. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    That's very cool they work. DM