Antique Winchester Knives and Company History 1919-1942

Nice knife, sceva!:thumbsup: I posted this in the thread you started on this knife, but will put it here as well. A catalog cut from a 1930 Winchester catalog reprint.

Catalog illustration from 1930.JPG

Knife arrived, Not pristine so I have no qualms about carrying it. It's a great little knife with just a hint of the original blade etch if the light was just right. I gave it a washing, sharpened it up ( Boy, I was surprised about how hard the steel is - nice temper, Cut up some strawberries to start a patina, cleaned it again and Ren Waxed the scales. Into my pocket it went.

This is s thin knife and disappears into the pocket, The blades are ground and crimped in a way that they nestle in a minimal space. I like that it has an easy open notch in the scale for the pen blade

Do the shields always stand proud of the scales on these? Also; does this type of jigging have a name?

Here are better photos, all blades are marked, from what I understand this signifies a higher grade knife.

Last edited:
I have this fixed blade marked Winchester that I bought from a deceased mans collection in Indiana some 20 years ago. I have had two comments regarding the knife. 1. Winchester never made a fixed blade. 2. What do you want for it? It is not for sale but I would like to have an understanding of the origin of the knife. The mark on the knife is very similar to some on this thread. Any suggestion or information would be appreciated.

ncsturkey, not sure why no one has offered any comment on your knife?? If you moved it to Bernard Levine's forum I am sure you would get some opinions as to the authenticity of you knife.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I may chase the origin of the knife a bit more but honestly when I found the block lettering on some of the verified Winchester knives in the pre war era I was happy. I was previously convinced mine was a fake. I'm not much of a collector but I do appreciate your suggestion

~ Here is one ~ Has anyone ever seen another one ~ Pattern 3888 with locking Clip Blade one Spear Blade and one Pen Blade ~ On its Clip it has the Winchester etch....and all tangs have its Winchester Trademark ~ Believe it is a Cattle Knife Pattern 88 ~
One knife that could never get much information on ~ one strange 88 ~

Back