Any Actual Reviews of the Sebenza 31 Out There Yet?

aVyD

Gold Member
OK, probably my last questions for a while.
Does the ceramic ball spin in its setting or is it stationary?
Also, even with the ceramic ball, what keeps it from being pressed in deeper into the softer Ti of the lockbar?
It's still being impinged upon by 2 harder materials (the ceramic ball, and the steel of the tang)

The ball is stationary, it’s locked into place by the titanium.
Titanium is a strong material, it takes a lot more than the strength of the lockup to press anything into it, let alone a huge ceramic ball.
The titanium on the lockbar never touches the steel of the blade tang. The ceramic ball is the only interface.

Lenny

Gold Member
Thank you for the picture Josh K.
That explains a lot.
I didn't realize that the ball was dual purpose.

Officer's Match

Gold Member
Thank you for the picture Josh K.
That explains a lot.
I didn't realize that the ball was dual purpose.
And that is the magic for the "smoothness" regarding unlocking. The engagement of the blade tang smoothly rides around the ball, performing the "detent" at the opposite end of the movement. It really is a great feel.

Regarding the pic in post #23: is the "ball groove" back?

aVyD

Gold Member
And that is the magic for the "smoothness" regarding unlocking. The engagement of the blade tang smoothly rides around the ball, performing the "detent" at the opposite end of the movement. It really is a great feel.

Regarding the pic in post #23: is the "ball groove" back?

I don’t believe so no. They got rid of them early on in the inkosi line.

Officer's Match

Gold Member
This is an old picture from Monkey Edge. There are no more grooves. These are free balls.
I should have known by the older style washers (open window). My Large Inkosi is that configuration from the first run, my birthday June 1st.

rpstrimple

Gold Member
I was able to snag one today from an AD that is getting a small shipment. I can’t wait. It’s going to be the longest week of my life.