any bourbon drinkers here?

3f9b3525d6899acf5deb84290eabbfd7.jpg

6f5cc453ccb72e27e99a18755286b98a.jpg

Most expensive liquor cabinet ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn...just read this entire thread and now I want to go to the liquor store worse than ever. I recently got turned on to bourbon when my neighbor bought me a bottle of the Woodford reserve for doing him a favor. Blessing and a curse, now I can't go down from there. You guys of just made me curious I'm gonna go out looking for some eagle reserve or four roses or something else in that range. Gettin thirsty now...guess a little woodford with a splash for now.

e0fd39f39ac0a35644d9e1ee0ac657d3.jpg

This will have to do for now but as you can see it's about time to re-up anyway...

2681e1c05ddc732e3896cd1faabb2cc5.jpg

Not the best bourbon selection at my local ABC store but I did find this eagle rare to try

Just finishing off a bottle of Willet 6yr Cask Rye and think I will open a Whistle Pig next.

Had one each of these last night I think. [emoji44]
There is a bourbon on the left.
adfb0cffe53c4c728d174190e8672610.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not the best bourbon selection at my local ABC store but I did find this eagle rare to try

Eagle Rare is not to bad. I would love to get my hands on the Eagle Rare 17 though.

Eagle Rare is not to bad. I would love to get my hands on the Eagle Rare 17 though.

I've got a bottle of Eagle Rare waiting for me to finish a couple of already opened bottles... but I recently received a bottle of (New Southern) Revival that may jump to the front of the line.

I've been on a Buffalo Trace kick since my car club got a tour of their distillery some years back. Also drink Hudson Whiskey Baby Bourbon when I can spend the extra couple bucks.

Gotta say, i think i like the eagle rare a little more than the woodford with the four roses yellow label in third...of the three I had available for the taste test that is

I just put this bourbon cocktail together.
Loosely based on my favorite, the old fashioned.
Caramelized orange zest sugar rim.
My own smoked mesquite/orange bitters (lots of awesome ingredients including orange zest, fired mesquite, vanilla beans, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, etc all infused in a 101 proof bourbon).
Cherry bitters.
Orange zest simple syrup.
Bulleit 10 year bourbon.
Lemon zest.

It is delicious.

I do cocktail R&D for my workplace. My forum handle is probably a giveaway though.
e0296f31afef5c21a2fede875a56d3ed.jpg

396539f580e4dd242313ed91b47b9438.jpg

I just put this bourbon cocktail together.
Loosely based on my favorite, the old fashioned.
Caramelized orange zest sugar rim.
My own smoked mesquite/orange bitters (lots of awesome ingredients including orange zest, fired mesquite, vanilla beans, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, etc all infused in a 101 proof bourbon).
Cherry bitters.
Orange zest simple syrup.
Bulleit 10 year bourbon.
Lemon zest.

It is delicious.

I do cocktail R&D for my workplace. My forum handle is probably a giveaway though.
e0296f31afef5c21a2fede875a56d3ed.jpg

396539f580e4dd242313ed91b47b9438.jpg

that looks damn tasty! can you recommend off the shelf ingredients to replace your homemade ones? i know it wiil not be the same but i need an introduction to cocktails and need to learn to put one together before i start making my own ingredients

thanks

that looks damn tasty! can you recommend off the shelf ingredients to replace your homemade ones? i know it wiil not be the same but i need an introduction to cocktails and need to learn to put one together before i start making my own ingredients

thanks

I'll give it some thought and get back to you.
It's Saturday night! Time for more r&d tonight.....

Gotta say, i think i like the eagle rare a little more than the woodford with the four roses yellow label in third...of the three I had available for the taste test that is

glad you like the eagle rare its a staple in my bar! you def need to try 4R single barrel. i have actually never tried the standard 4R so i cannot compare the two

Made the mistake of trying wild turkey American honey this weekend… Won't do that again.
It all fairness I did notice that it was a mix of Liqueur and bourbon but man I wasn't expecting it to be that sweet and syrupy[emoji15]🤢

Back