Any chance for a skinny NMFBM

I've never been on this forum so much as lately probably because the launch of the new Mistress got my Irish up (Busse junky?). Nothing better than a bigun for us to play with. This forum reminds me of photographic forums. As soon as a new camera comes out - the next day everybody's asking for a new model with more pixels. The same here. The NMFBM just came out a couple of days ago and there are some people already speculating as to which will be the next product launch on the Busse site. I want to put a question to the old hogs who know better than me. Do you think that there is any chance for a Skinny (or Boney) NMFBM offering? Maybe at the Busse Company Store? Even if it is offered it probably wouldn't be too easy to buy because knives like these sell out in about 45 seconds on the Store Site. Cheers, Alex.

I've never been on this forum so much as lately probably because the launch of the new Mistress got my Irish up (Busse junky?). Nothing better than a bigun for us to play with. This forum reminds me of photographic forums. As soon as a new camera comes out - the next day everybody's asking for a new model with more pixels. The same here. The NMFBM just came out a couple of days ago and there are some people already speculating as to which will be the next product launch on the Busse site. I want to put a question to the old hogs who know better than me. Do you think that there is any chance for a Skinny (or Boney) NMFBM offering? Maybe at the Busse Company Store? Even if it is offered it probably wouldn't be too easy to buy because knives like these sell out in about 45 seconds on the Store Site. Cheers, Alex.
What's wrong with the Combat Grade and LE versions?

They're great but I would prefer a skinny one. I like to go out in the bush with a knife on my belt without my pants falling down!!!! If I had the bucks I would buy one of each. I like the Boney AD and the Skinny ASDH. I think lots of people would like a thinner knife for practical reasons. A 38 revolver has its place alongside a 12 gauge shotgun. Once a run comes through the site normally we get a lot of spinoffs on Ganzas and at the Company Store. I would like to know the opinion of the experts. Is it gonna happen?

jerry said it wouldn't be offered at the store, so i doubt it. i would definitely buy a skinny version though. i'm skipping out on this because it's so damn heavy

Cobalt

Gold Member
jerry said it wouldn't be offered at the store, so i doubt it. i would definitely buy a skinny version though. i'm skipping out on this because it's so damn heavy

Yup, I am on the fence on this one. When I heard that it was going to weigh 1 ounce more than the already too heavy FFBM:eek:, I kinda backed away a little. That will put this thing at several ounces heavier than an FBM LE. I might buy one as a novelty, but as a carry knife, it is simply too large. Most people that will disagree have never carried a behemoth, I have. Still, it is a cool blade.

They're great but I would prefer a skinny one. I like to go out in the bush with a knife on my belt without my pants falling down!!!! If I had the bucks I would buy one of each. I like the Boney AD and the Skinny ASDH. I think lots of people would like a thinner knife for practical reasons. A 38 revolver has its place alongside a 12 gauge shotgun. Once a run comes through the site normally we get a lot of spinoffs on Ganzas and at the Company Store. I would like to know the opinion of the experts. Is it gonna happen?

Let's see a 11.5" blade at 1/8" to 3/16" thick. Hmm. That would be a ............machete! Machete, machete, machete. Yep. I'd buy one. :D

randucci

Flipper folder collector
Platinum Member

Hmmmm, I wonder how many grinder belts I would go throught to get the blade to .200" and then how many Nuclear hats I could make from the dust???? :eek:

:D

Maybe you could just grind a great big fuller down the middle like a Marbles Ideal. That would lighten it and look really cool. :eek:

randucci

Flipper folder collector
Platinum Member
Maybe you could just grind a great big fuller down the middle like a Marbles Ideal. That would lighten it and look really cool. :eek:

Cool idea, send me yours when you get so I can practice and see if I like it enough to do mine! :D

Cool idea, send me yours when you get so I can practice and see if I like it enough to do mine! :D

i think a .208 tapergrind, full convex, light chopper with a large fuller down the middle would be a great Idea too..... Huh Tim.. What u think!;);)

I thought these were the skinny ones? I'm waiting on a NMfFBM, 0.32 will do just fine.