Any chance GEC will make a dog leg jack (56) in copperhead bone?

I love the look of the knives I have seen with the copperhead bone, but none of them are in frames or blade configurations I want. I would love to see a 56 with clip main in the copperhead bone.

I think you said in another thread the other day that you had had a few GECs and had gotten rid of them because they didn't appeal to your eye. Further, I think you said you were more attracted to Case and Schrade.

I have several GEC knives and like them quite a lot but I do have to say that they do not have the eye appeal of the Case, Schrade, Queen, and Schatt & Morgan knives of old along with other knives such as the old Imperials, Camillus etc..

Aren't you waiting for one or two #66 patterns? Wait until you get them before comiting to the #56 even with the copperhead bone. I'll admit though that the covers of a knife can give light to or kill a knife as far as appearance goes.

I know you like jack knives. Now, you've gotta admit that you'd have to go a long ways to beat the looks of your Case 6292 Texas Jack. Hmmmmm, maybe you ought to be keeping a look out for another Case jack knife or perhaps a Schrade jack knife.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with your quest for a knife with the copperhead covers.

Given the clip blade 56s were a popular seller for them, I'd say there's a better than good chance GEC will make another run of them. The timeline for that is anyone's guess, as is the handle materials they'll offer them in. I suppose they walk a fine line between offering new/different patterns to please one segment of their customers vs pleasing those that want more of existing patterns. I'm hopefull the next run will include more acrylic 56s. Would love to see one in that blue camel bone also.

Been meaning to try a GEC dogleg, and that copperhead is very nice bone, but what I'm really holding out for is a 54 moose or big jack in copperhead bone.

Excellent points Ed. As a matter of fact, I do have a couple Schrade jack knives on the way here. Don't tell anyone, but I traded a Case jack knife for them (not the red 6292).

Excellent points Ed. As a matter of fact, I do have a couple Schrade jack knives on the way here. Don't tell anyone, but I traded a Case jack knife for them (not the red 6292).

boo!
hiss!

not the case jackknife!

cant wait to see the pics of your new shrades (curious to see what you liked so much you let go of one of your case jacks!) :)

boo!
hiss!

not the case jackknife!

cant wait to see the pics of your new shrades (curious to see what you liked so much you let go of one of your case jacks!) :)

It wasn't the 6232 either, so I still have one like your precious!

Yep, I do like Case jack knives, and even though I have sold/traded away four Case knives in the past week and a half, I still have enough for a nice family photo. And nearly 60% of the family is a jack knife (all but the two stockmen and the pen).

CasefamilyOct26.jpg

So, I have not strayed from my love of Case jack knives, I just think the copperhead bone that GEC has recently released is very, very attractive.

Actually Doug, I just remembered that they made the 56 in Copperhead Bone in the Weaver Jack formation. Type of Loomfixer knife with Pen and modified Pruner master. I realize it might not suit but it's an idea. I have the single blade version in Antique Black, first rate knife all round!

Thanks, Will

Thanks Will. I have seen that one, but I'm not sure how useful that blade would be for me on a daily basis. Actually, if I was to go for the Weaver jack I would look for one with handles like the one Vanguard picked up when he was at GEC. Beautiful!

Back