Any chance we'll see Mod-INFI again?

Is there any chance Jerry will use mod-INFI again? the basic line has turned into a rat, so what about using mod-INFI in some blades with micarta? the way i see it there is a big gap between something like the battle rat and the BM in terms of price. can't we get some mod-INFI in there to bridge this gap? :)

The problem is that modified infi wouldn't bridge that gap so much as eliminate it, as I hear it costs just as much to make now as regular infi, which is why the basic series was discontinued in the first place.

My impression is that A2 might fit somewhere between SR101 and INFI. The performance of my Missions and Chris Reeves in A2 is somewhere between my Swamp Rat and my SFNO. All three of these steels/knives work well, and I'm happy rotating between them.

David

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
djolney said:
My impression is that A2 might fit somewhere between SR101 and INFI. The performance of my Missions and Chris Reeves in A2 is somewhere between my Swamp Rat and my SFNO. All three of these steels/knives work well, and I'm happy rotating between them.

David

Our tests indicate that the performance of SR101 is greater than any A2 we've tested. In all honesty, we(the Rat's) are shooting for Jerry and nobody else even concerns us ;)

:D:D

Hello Eric,

I think you touched on the most important issue: you do testing, while the rest of us simply use the great knives that people have tested and made.

David

Eric Isaacson said:
Our tests indicate that the performance of SR101 is greater than any A2 we've tested. In all honesty, we(the Rat's) are shooting for Jerry and nobody else even concerns us ;)

:D:D

Have you guys tested CPM-3V? where does that great steel fit with INFI and SR-101?