Any Converge (Salem) fans here?

Love them. I pick up there album every release. I still remember/ kinda cherish the first time I heard the caring and killing compilation- I was sold on the band. Never thought to hear about them here!

I'm a more recent convert, so far picked up 3 albums. The first and two latest. Trying to fill the gaps in between.

Yeah pretty funny to find fans here. Like sharing a dirty secret.

They’re a great band. Them being able to keep a bit of the core sound while venturing into more progressive and artistic endeavors is something I appreciate about them. They do a lot for more underground music. What else are you into?

They’re a great band. Them being able to keep a bit of the core sound while venturing into more progressive and artistic endeavors is something I appreciate about them. They do a lot for more underground music. What else are you into?

Yeah they have a lot of integrity and creativity. Kicking myself for completely being unaware until I accidentally found them recently...better late than never I suppose.

My tastes are so varied it makes no sense; at the core it is anything authentic, with integrity and kinda heavy. But I have everything from classical to country to folk to experimental to pop to black metal to metal-core to death metal.

Vaguely on the Converge theme I am a long term fan of Shellac, Big-Black, Kiss it Good-bye, Unsane, Hammerhead, Helmet, Fugazi, Black-Flag....etc. I guess the common thread there is post-hardcore & math rock.

To show how messed up my tastes are I found Converge and Erik Satie the same time and have had both exclusively alternating on my playlist for weeks now. Satie linked below has no resolution to the music in the way we have been raised to expect. Some consider him an ancient music troll. I find his music captivating somehow, but I am still new to it.

What other bands you into?

I haven’t heard unsane in a long time, I’ll have to dig through my CDs and put one on. I have a varied taste too. Post-rock is a funny term but I grew to accept it. It seems like psychedelic music to me. It is hard to describe music taste as I am all over as well. From Clutch, Moe., to botch and Converge, to Neurosis and Hecate enthroned. Recently my main album has been Crypt Sermon’s the ruin of fading light. I like a lot of metal, the entire genre, and a lot of hard rock that is lamely labeled as stoner rock.

I have the first clutch album, must dig it up and have a listen again. Do you listen to Mastadon?

Haven't heard Crypt Sermon, will check them out.

Feel free to link to tunes.

Converge seem to be the link uniting all the different genres of heavy music while remaining completely original.

Last edited:
Back