1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any copperlock lovers out there?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by s7brad, Apr 29, 2008.

1. s7brad

s7brad

Jan 3, 2008
    I've had a few but my new mini is fast becoming my go to edc(special b-day gift from my son didn't hurt either). like to see pics and comments

2. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Great knives. I've got two in Yellow CV.
    One is a clip (3 5/8") and the other a wharncliffe (4 1/8").

3. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    Here is mine...A Case, with an Apple Cider vinegar patina.

[​IMG]

Bill

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    An overlooked knife in my view.

I have 3 CASE Mini Copperlocks: Pocket worn redbone from end of 20th century, thick Stag scaled about the same time,got from forumite Tolly and 2006 Amber bone model. Excellent carry and very useful too.

Have one full sized CASE Copperlock, something bizarrely called Rattlesnake Bone.Never really taken to it,rather too thin in the handle for a large knife that's why I prefer the Mini version.Be very good to have a Wharncliffe one though.

5. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    I have a mini in Ebony, a SMKW special. Its one of my favorites. I also have a fullsized one in stag. The stag handle is wider than Willgoys, making it a bit more stout. It came in a tin with a belt buckle.

[​IMG]

6. flyfishrman

flyfishrman

Jul 23, 2006
    You're speaking my language. I love that pattern, especially the ones released with the wharncliff blade.

7. sixgunner455

sixgunner455

Feb 21, 2007
    Love my yellow Wharncliffe. Got it because of pictures posted on this site.

Here's a picture of mine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  8. Foilist

Foilist

Dec 20, 2004
    I don't have one, but I probably will this summer. I intend to visit the Case headquarters in Bradford, PA, and I will likely buy one along with a tiny trapper.

9. ChrisY

ChrisY

Dec 20, 2005
    Mini-Copperlock is my favorite Case pattern. Wish they would offer CV steel in something other than yellow synthetic scales.

10. grins

grins

Jun 14, 2007
    I have a large one in stag, love it....

11. 555

Feb 5, 2007
    I own one 4 1/8 in blue that has been a safe queen since I bought it.

12. Trout Tamer

Trout Tamer

Jan 20, 2004
    I love the large Copperlock. I've scouted E-bay from time to time, looking for a yellow-handled, CV model. Why, oh why, did Case discontinue it?!?!

I'd love to see some sort of bone handled, CV copperlock made, perhaps an amber or red bone... :thumbup: :D

13. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    Here's the big one. My mini always seems to end up in my pocket after a day or so of other EDC rotations.
    [​IMG]

14. Helle

Helle

Dec 9, 2005
    I have a few, all users, love um.

[​IMG]

The one that got me going on them was a Select that looked like it had tortoise shell scales and some nice looking file work to boot, never found one though.

Helle

15. jacknife

jacknife

Jan 3, 2001
    I've got one with red G10 scales.

Nice knife, but a lock-knife can't be EDC'd here in the UK unless you have a good reason (Camping, while at work, etc) so I tend to carry slipjoints mostly.

16. CaptInsano

CaptInsano

Apr 11, 2007
    I really want one, but I haven't been able to lay the money down yet. I sure wish Rough Rider made that pattern.

17. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Yes Sir, great pattern! Got my Mom a jade bone mini for Christmas before last, she EDCs it a lot. even though I am carrying a blade, I ask to use it on occasion, just 'cause its so nice.

Have eyed getting me a big one, but for everyday use, a lockback don't agree with me.

G.

G.

18. ElCuchillo

ElCuchillo Banned BANNED

Oct 3, 2006
    Why are they called COPPER locks?

19. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Because they are lockbacks and the bolster and overall pattern is like a Case copperhead.

20. zombieHD55

zombieHD55

Dec 26, 2006
    Great case pattern. I bought several over the past few years. Two large vintage stag (just gave one to my father). One pocket worn red bone, one chestnut bone and a mini burnt stag. :thumbup: