Any custom knife shows in NC area?

I'm planning on going to the Dixie gun & knife show in Raleigh in January, but is there a dedicated custom knife show in my area that I can attend and hope to meet some of the many great people I've been dealing with around here? I know there was a knife show last September in Winston Salem. Is that yearly?

Thanks!

Yep,
It's in September. Don't know the exact date for this year, but the web page is

SECKS

This was my first custom show and I was blown away. I would highly reccomend attending.

Steve Ferguson

Thanks, folks! How do you think the Dixie gun and knife show will be? Anybody else going? I notice some other North Carolinians out there.

The Dixie show is usually good, lots of stuff to look at, mostly guns... but every once in a while you will come upon a custom maker or two, or a dealer that has some interesting custom stuff.

I notice your in Wilson, I am in Greenville about 20 miles or so away... shoot me an email if you ever want to talk knives or come by the shop to see how some of it is done...

If you are living in NC and are interested in custom knives,I would strongly suggest hooking up with the NC Custom knifemakers guild, even if you arent a maker. Just meeting and talking to these people give you an understanding and better grasp of the whole custom knife experience, not a better group of people around in my opinion...

Hope to see ya around...

Alan Folts

alanfolts@sprintmail.com

www.warrior.org/foltsknives

Yup, the SECKS is pretty much one of the biggest custom knife shows between Atlanta and NY. Pretty much the entire NC based forumites go to this show. We usually have a big dinner the night before the weekend of the show, you are welcome to join us then if you'd like. This year's dinner we had close to 30 enthusiasts, makers, and dealers join us. It was a real gas!

Happy Camper,

What is the date of the next gun show in Raleigh?
It is only about 1-1/2 hours from us. Maybe Phillip and I will be able to attend.

I second Alan Folts' invitation to meet up with the NCCKG. We have meetings 4 times a year (next meeting is in january) with lots of knifemaking demos. The meetings are exciting and very informative. Just like Alan said, "not a better group of people around".

Hey, thanks for the invitation! You better believe I'll make the dinner. Just let me know the date, time and place. I'll have to look into NCCKG as well.

Barry, the next Dixie gun show is Jan 19. It'd be a hoot to meet you.

DANG!!!!!!!
It would have to be THAT weekend. We already have a table for the Roanoke, VA gun show on that weekend. Oh Well, maybe some other time.

I heard a rumor that "The SouthEastern Custom Knife Show" was moving to Charlotte. Any truth?

I am planning on going to the Dixie Gun and Knife show. Maybe we will get together. The past few years I set up with Bob Curran and we had a ball. A bunch of forumites would come by and we would trade knives and chat. I miss those days. I don't know what has happened to Bob, I guess he don't like coming to NC anymore.

Cutiger, I hope it isn't true. Its hard enough for me to make it to WS much less have to drive all the way to Charlotte :D
michael

Micky,

The next meeting of the NCCKG will be saturday, january 26, 2002. It will be held at Montgomery Community College in Troy, NC. You are more than welcome to attend.

OH Yeah, I have not heard anything about the SECKS moving to Charlotte. I really doubt that is true. I will notify you all if that information changes.

Originally posted by Andrew McLurkin
All indications are that the show will be staying in Winston-Salem.

And he should know... For those who don't know, Andrew is the Vice President of the North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild, the organization that puts on the Southeastern Custom Knife Show.

Woo hoo! Saturday January 26th. I will definitely try to be there. According to certain sources, the food alone is worth the trip to one of these gigs. Let alone the rediculous amount of knifemaking talent!

Back