Any end of the world shelter building purchases?

It would be more than just the end of civilization if the Earth succumbed to a greenhouse effect in the way that Venus has. In that scenario the Earth surface would warm to about 250*F and our oceans would boil away. A few odd bacteria that are able to live at very high temperatures would survive for a time.

The current virus was not genetically engineered but made the leap from animals (most likely bats) to humans. You might want to loosen your tinfoil.
Well thanks for the strawman ad hominem as tin foil hasnt been used since the late 50s early 60s . The correct verbiage would be aluminum foil ....

That being said Ive seen several different virologists and epidemiologists out of several different labs say after analysis this " virus " was seen to have a genetically modified delivery system used in HIV . Specifically proteins that bind the virus to ACE2 receptors.

The scientific articles I've read also demonstrate a natural origin based on the genetic material seen in the virus.

When it comes right down to it, believing one version vs another really comes down to what you choose to believe. People make very convincing arguments based on incorrect conclusions in the sciences all the time. In my experience the trouble comes from moving these debates out of the scientific arena and into other arenas where the contexts are very different and the rules are rather different - in this case public policy and popular media culture. I've learned to look at everything skeptically and consider why any particular person or group may be pushing one line vs. another.

One thing that has been hammered in over and over in my 50 years is that no one has all the answers, and no one's predictions are every completely correct. The big advantage humans have is adaptability. We may desire perfect predictions and the perfect plan that will follow, but the reason we survive and prosper is that we can change course rapidly when the original plan goes south.

Well there was a pandemic exercise called event 201 hosted by bill and melinda gates in china that included the US military on oct 18th and the first known case occurred on nov 19th . A detective once told me " Once you make dic ( detective ) there are no coincidences. I don't know if it's natural or not . I've seen several PhD Holders say infact after much scrutiny of this virus does have genetically modified components . Not to mention the market where it was first detected merely a couple hundred yards away was a Level 4 bio research lab combined with the pandemic exercise 201 conducted 1 month days before. Just all too much for me . I don't buy all these coincidences. If you do that's what you believe. No worries.

Last edited:
Y'all are getting off track here, there's already a number of threads on BF for Morbid-19 chit chat. To put it back on track, I finally ordered myself an Agawa Canyon Boreal21 folding saw today, I've been eyeing them for awhile. I hope they are as good as they claim. S Square_peg , how do the Silky blades cut through dry seasoned stuff? I might pick one of those up as well.

The problem with folding bow saws is that they are limited in depth of cut and they are knuckle busters. A folding pull saw does not have these limitations.

The Silkys and Tajimas do best on dry hard woods with a fine or medium tooth blade. The fine blades are amazing in dry hardwood, cutting very quickly. The coarse tooth blades should only be used on large diameter green wood. If I had to pick one blade for my saw it would be a fine tooth blade.

Last edited:
The problem with folding bow saws is that they are limited in depth of cut and they are knuckle busters. A folding pull saw does not have these limitations.

The Silkys and Tajimas do best on dry hard woods with a fine or medium tooth blade. The fine blades are amazing in dry hardwood, cutting very quickly. The coarse tooth blades should only be used on large diameter green wood. If I had to pick one blade for my saw it would be a fine tooth blade.
Thanks for the input, appreciated. Yes I agree the bowsaw has its limitations, along with not being able to get into as tight of spot as a folding silky. The selling point of the Boreal21 for me was the availability, interchangeability, and low cost of the blades, since it will accept any 21" hacksaw style blade. I think I will still most likely have to pick up a Silky to try out as well.

I got notice my Silky katana boy shipped yesterday. :D Really excited . Videos I've seen of its performance are absolutely stunning how fast those saws go through large OD wood !

Well there was a pandemic exercise called event 201 hosted by bill and melinda gates in china that included the US military on oct 18th

Sorry this is off topic. G Gh0zt36 I had to look this up as it sounds fascinating, but after a quick search I can't find mention of a China connection.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

It is incredible all the same. If you have a link regarding the China connection could you post it. Thanks.

Sorry this is off topic. G Gh0zt36 I had to look this up as it sounds fascinating, but after a quick search I can't find mention of a China connection.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

It is incredible all the same. If you have a link regarding the China connection could you post it. Thanks.
I got 2 events confused . The US Military was in china in Nov 2019 for some game competition . Its is speculated they brought the virus there under cover of those games.

A lot of local trail crews have switched to Katana Boys because they are easier to pack. But they are still no match for a well tuned crosscut saw.

Sure for Pro loggers but for Amateurs and campers those silkys are hard to beat . Id like to see the 1000mm silky go up against that crosscut . That would be a close race I bet .

Back