• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Any experience with Gerber Parabellum?

It's not the type of knife I would usually choose, but the price was right. Does anyone have experience or opinions about the Parabellum? Thanks
Tonk

VERY solid, well made knife, one of my favorite large folders. "Bolt action" locking mechanism was ahead of its time, is easy to disengage, and provides solid lock-up. Try a search from Jan '99 for other member comments.

Please tell us what price you paid/saw.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

Thanks Brian. The knife was free but the only place I've seen it for sale, other than the internet, it was $92.00.
Tonk

I love mine. Feels like s fixed blade when locked open. They even had a sheath option whick allowed you to carry it as a fixed blade (ie, blade open)Mine holds a great edge. I use it as a survival knife in my buttpack
DaveUSAF

Bought mine a Loooooong time ago. I liked the two-way sheath. Very strong lock-up, but I'm not sure about what steel was used for the blade--had a bout of rust when it was stored in my foot locker. I can't remember what I paid for it, sorry.

EK

Back