Any Floridians out there?

Thinking about going to the suncoast gun show in Tampa this weekend. Anyone ever go? Is there any kind of decent knife selection?

I live in St. Pete. That show travels around the State, someplace different every other month or so. I usually go when it is in Palmetto. There are usually 3 or 4 knife booths with 2 of them having better, non Chinese stuff. Happy hunting!

Hi dog,I live in Tampa and used to attend that show until it got so expensive to park and get in to see shows that got smaller and smaller and contained more and more crap.
Once in a while you canhit something good,but don't go holding your breath.
Palmetto is OK,free parking,that's good,but the shows are much smaller and the junk to goodies ratio is a little better.
Lakeland is a little better and sometimes parking is freeknives vary from high end collectibles and junk,not much in between. I went to the gator cutlery club and only found one Dalton,and it was a small crusader,mostly Case,picklock stilettos,etc.,used to be a lot better.
Anyway,good luck and you never know.:D

Yeah, I hit the Orlando show when it comes here all the time. Pretty sure it's the same general crowd. There's some decent selections to be had. I agree that it's only a few tables that offer non-crap knives, but there are Ka-Bars and Ontarios around a lot, and then a lot of the middle range knives. The few tables that offer high quality stuff usually have a lot of Microtech, Benchmade, Spyderco, and that range of knives, with the occasional MODs and things like that strewn about. I occasionally see a Strider Fixed blade, and a very occasional CRK fixed blade, but I don't see any of these kinds of higher end knives with any regularity. Randal knives, being local here, always shows up at our show, and has a giveaway, but I don't know how much they travel with the show.

Just go man. If nothing else, you'll get to see a bunch of awesome guns, a few sweet knives, and a bunch of strange people. Good way to kill a day, right?

As if you could kill time without injuring eternity... ;)

There's a show this weekend and I didn't know about it.:eek: I went to the Gator Cutlery show and it was great. Got to handle a Sebbie an a lot of other blades. Ended up with a NIB 2004 Spyderco Military for $110. The Suncoast gun show says it will be at the State Fair Grounds on HW-301. I think I can make it there, if any one sees a 6'5" "Spanish looking" guy it will be me.

Hey, we're gonna be gettin' surf on the East Coast for the first time in weeks, so I'm afraid I'll be missing it too. ::shrugs:: Oh well. There's always another one. ;)

Most of the vendors travel all around Florida they come down to west palm beach about every five weeks. It's mostly crappy knives and descent guns

Back