Any good Leather Sheath makers in Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by outlier1089, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. outlier1089

outlier1089 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 3, 2019
    I've got a few fixed blades that I'd love to carry more often, but between some Kydex with bad eyelet placement, and some crummy leather sheaths I just can't really bring myself to rock them reliably.

I've ordered some stuff off of Etsy or Instagram before, but I'd really love to find someone local I can actually sit down with and brainstorm the design with a bit. I prefer scout carry, but have some ideas and questions I'd love to be able to ask along the way.

Anyone come to mind?

2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Couple hours north but I do have customers that make that drive. DM if interested.

3. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    If you are serious about top quality CUSTOM sheaths you would be proud to carry, then that drive up north to Dave's shop would
    be well worth your time and trouble.

duramax likes this.
  4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I’ll second the above :)

I own one of Dave’s knives and sheath, couldn’t be happier :)

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks Paul missed this somehow.

Thanks for the kind words.

duramax likes this.
  6. mozuf40

mozuf40

Dec 26, 2016
    For leather, have you tried going to the leather shops in the Fashion District? They probably know a lot of good, experienced, leather craftsmen that can put a sheath together. If you have a rough idea of what kind of sheath, they should be able to cook up a good design with you. If you're starting from scratch then yeah, probably have to drive up north to who the other users suggested.

7. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    For a 2 hour drive I would go visit Dave, no doubt lots of neat stuff to see.
    On the other hand, I have mailed blades to Paul and had a variety of pictures emailed to me showing examples of various options, settled on a design, and then received a deluxe sheath to my specs all in about 1 week...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    duramax likes this.