Any idea what blade steel this guy is?

I recently acquired a busse knife, I believe it’s a swatmandu. Just wondering if anyone has any information on it. No clue when it was made, or what blade steel it is. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hard to say without pictures. If it's the Ratmandu pattern with the Busse Logo it's a SwatMandu, those were infi. There were also more recently Ratmandu's in Infi, so it mainly comes down to the logo.

Hard to say without pictures. If it's the Ratmandu pattern with the Busse Logo it's a SwatMandu, those were infi. There were also more recently Ratmandu's in Infi, so it mainly comes down to the logo.
trying to get pictures up, it’s a digital pattern with a busse logo

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

and the Swatmandu has the talon hole :)

SQvyuC7.jpg

Awesome. That’s what I was hoping for. Should be interesting to see how it compares to sr101 on my swamp rat.

David Lennon

Gold Member
Love the Swatmandu. I bought one with my non favourite tan and black G10 scales on the off chance the CS reopens. I'm going to change them (and maybe satinize the blade) . Something about them just feels right