Any ideas???

barcbsa

Gold Member
I purchased a custom handmade folder from a third party and contacted the original maker about getting a repair done on it. He was nice as heck and he offered to fix it for free, so I sent it to him. That was 3 months ago and every time I talk to him (3 times) he says he'll get right on it. Meanwhile...3 months have gone by and ...nothing.
Am I being too "anal" ????

I think the answer probably lies with in the repair that needed to be done and the work load of the individule doing it.. If you just wanted some scratches buffed out .. maby there could be more effort made on the behalf of the Maker... however if its somthing that might requior a dissasemply of the knife or maby some re-grinding, even an over all refinish can take some time, and if the maker in question already has a heavy work load, chances are your not the only customer breathing down their neck.. I would have kindly asked up front what kind of a time frame you might be looking at for the return, or take an active interest and ask what might be requiored of the repair so you know the amount of work he/she is offering to you 'grattis'.
Most of the fine gentlemen ive encountered here are all too willing to communicate with their customers. There is alot of "old world" mentality here, the state of mind that the maker is offering a true service as opposed to just a product..so dont be shy to communicate with them, you might end up with a fine knife and new friend!

Back