Any information on knife

You guys are great. Thank you for all the help. Even though its black and white picture it looks just like it and the price is spot on to what I remember paying for it. Thank you very much

Would it be worth the trouble to take the ricasso off and see whether its mark? Or just leave it alone and just hand it over to my son on his wedding day. Of course when I do that I am going to have to find a new blade that he can be jealous of and want when I die.

whoa! ken; ...valor??.
good job! its a nice comparison.
73692165.EDxivmjH.321448161_4a763c2f8a_b.jpg

Would it be worth the trouble to take the ricasso off and see whether its mark? Or just leave it alone and just hand it over to my son on his wedding day. Of course when I do that I am going to have to find a new blade that he can be jealous of and want when I die.

I would not bother removing the handle. The odds of any information being on the tang is very low, and even if there was, I doubt it would give you any more information than you already know. From what can surmise it was marketed as a 440 stainless blade, which for any Seki made knife in the 1980s meant either Aus6 or Aus8 so it's certainly a usable knife, which of course you have already proven over the years.

Looking for a new knife is always fun. Enjoy.

I would not bother removing the handle. The odds of any information being on the tang is very low, and even if there was, I doubt it would give you any more information than you already know. From what can surmise it was marketed as a 440 stainless blade, which for any Seki made knife in the 1980s meant either Aus6 or Aus8 so it's certainly a usable knife, which of course you have already proven over the years.

Looking for a new knife is always fun. Enjoy.
Thank you. I will just leave it well alone.

Back