Any knife makers or blacksmiths in the east bay area?

Hi everyone, I'm Jeremy.
I go to highschool in the east bay area and got started with knife making a few weeks ago. My first knife (a work in progress) has taken me about 15 hours so far working with a hacksaw and files. Before I make the big investment of buying various tools and materials, I want to check out what a pro's workshop looks like and the more advanced tecniques used. If anyone would be able to show me around their workshop and let me help out a little bit that would be awesome!
Thanks

pm sent. Not any sort of accomplished maker, just another novice, but local with basic tools and access to metal shop, woodshop, cnc, etc.

There's also the crucible in Oakland. They have classes in forged knife making and, I believe, stock removal. Not cheap but the institution is well regarded.

pm sent. Not any sort of accomplished maker, just another novice, but local with basic tools and access to metal shop, woodshop, cnc, etc.
Hey there, I’m local to Berkeley and interested in educating myself in the realm of knife making as well. Let me know if you’d ever welcome me to swing by your shop sometime. Curious to know what your foray into knife making looked like. Thanks!

Welcome Andrew. Same advice to you about filling out your profile and info. It will help you get offers.

This thread is eight years old. Look at the dates of the original post and the last few posts when pilling up threads as a new member. If you have a similar question it is best to start a new thread and link the old one in your post.

Back