any larger designs in the works with the ball bearing lock?

The D'Allara2 drop point is over 3".

Nothing else designed at this time.

sal

Howard Viele is a "knifemaker's knifemaker" and is well respected by all.

He has a few new Ball Bearing Lock designs are are quite exceptional.

Liong is also coming up with some very nice designs. He and Howard work well together.

We've discussed making a production version of at least one of his new designs. To date, nothing has been decided.

sal

Wow, nice knife!!!! I would like Spyderco to reconsider this collaboration with Mr Viele. I love the Ball lock, but i like bigger blades.
I hope a bigger bladed Ball lock will go into production in the near future!:)

2005hv1.jpg

IIRC, the 'Pickle-Knife' ( Pikal / Pakal ) has the ball bearinglock and it should
be available in the middle' of 2006..

anson argyris said:
IIRC, the 'Pickle-Knife' ( Pikal / Pakal ) has the ball bearinglock and it should
be available in the middle' of 2006..

It is a different version of the ball bearing lock. I have very high hopes for the new BBL, looks like it will be the best Spyderco lock yet. I'm not into SD so I won't be getting it, but I hope the lock does well and makes it onto more conventional designs.

J85909266 said:
Wow, that Viele posted is amazing.

Yes, indeed.

I would really like to see Spyderco produce that knife. Where can one pick that model up? Or are they even available?

That Viele prototype is amazing. Is the frame titanium? It looks fantastic. It looks like the bb lock would be easier to get at and use than it is on the Dodo. I love the white micarta, too. The only thing I might add would be some light jimping or filework on the spine. That would really set it off. Also, only 2 screws on the clip might not be very stable. The discrete Viele logo is a very classy touch. I like it when the whole logo, text, writing/ branding thing is kept to a minimum. This same knife with colored G10 scales would be pretty sweet. Bright Ferrari red or hunter green G10 with transparent layers would be the coolest.

It's been a decent amount of time since this question was originally asked. Have there been any big decisions on a ball locking Viele, yet?

I'd like to see a 4 1/2" Manix style blade mated with a Military handle with the BBL.

Yummy...

ERINT said:
I'd like to see a 4 1/2" Manix style blade mated with a Military handle with the BBL.

Yummy...

Now you are getting me excited thinking about it.

Back