Any leftys using an Autonomy?

Interested in picking one up but not sure how it would handle being a lefty with that giant button. Any leftys have any experience with one?

Not a lefty, but I just put mine in my left hand, to see how I felt about that. It was fine. The button seemed as natural to work with my index finger on my left hand, as it does with my thumb on my right hand.

Did not work for me as a lefty at all. Due to the position of the button, I had to rotate the knife coming out of the pocket. Was very awkward. Instantly gave the Autonmy to a right handed buddy. Also my button was very “sticky”being new which did not help either. May have broken in more but I knew it wasn’t for me.

I have the autonomy 2 and it’s an awesome knife BUT I rarely ever carry it because I’m left handed.I mean,it’s definitely doable but I’m done with right handed autos..I wish more knife manufacturers would either start making left handed versions of their autos or start making them ambidextrous

l'm ambi. The only thing I do strictly w/my left hand is write.

Do almost everything else w/my right hand which I believe is "adaptive" behavior, since almost everything is biased to right hand use. I can easily "teach" myself to use my left hand for certain tasks (except writing) but I find that this is generally unnecessary.

But that really doesn't explain why I bat, thow, shoot a basket and bowl "naturally" w/my right hand. 🤷‍♂️

In any event, I can use a right handed side opening auto (not just an Autonomy) w/o difficulty. If you can't, I suggest just buying/using OTF auto, which are also right hand biases but easier for lefties to use nonetheless.

Sorry for updating this old thread, but I got hands on an Autonomy 2 today and it felt like it would work well enough for me. I would prefer a true lefty version, but my blind love for Spyderco pushed me over the edge.
BBA226D6-95A5-44C5-8804-A69C9FA83178.jpeg

Back