Any links on heat treating at home making a forge etc?

Hey guys... i still never learnt how i can make a small heat treating oven at home, i really like the looks of temper lines on some of your knives... and if i want to ht some knives at home that would sure beat waiting for them to come back from shipping

i have blowtorches at home, and if i need a little portable one i can go and pick it up

a 1 brick forge seems a little too small.... so anything that you guyhs know of thats a bit larger, please let me know

thanks in advanced
-aaron

Yea, I do all of my heat treating in my small gas forge. My primary steel is O-1, so heat treating it myself is not a problem. You would not want to try to heat treat a stainless steel like ATS34 or anything in it, but it works great for carbon steel. If you are looking to heat treat stainless, your best bet will be to go with an oven. -chris

maybe i should have clarified...im using mainy 440c.... can i ht it in that ez burner or anythin like that? if anyone has another link with something i can ht 440c in , that would be great.

okee dokee.... maybe ill use some carbon steel also, i looove those hammon lines

Back